*100th Upload and 1st Year Creator Anniversary* Sims Random Aspect Generators
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 4:29 PM by Nysha
Today is special to me because I can look back and see how much I've grown as a creator. My very first upload was a Bodyshop Copy and it was the most basic thing I can think of. Since then I have learned how to make textures for clothes that don't suck (believe me, my first attempts at recoloring the af Tracksuit were AWFUL) to my first dabbling with for my first clothing mod. Next came learning how to make decent looking realistic walls and my first attempts with object meshing. Those were both learned on the spot in MTS2's first creator challenge and I did well enough that I was our first winner as well.
For my next trick I figured out how to make default replacement textures for clothing and ran with that for a while. Next I got myself a copy of SC4 and figured out how to make a neighborhood terrain. That needed houses so I got busy with my Nana Series. Next came another creator challenge and I set myself to the task of learning to make both a hair mesh and a clothes mesh. Then keeping with genetics I tackled a huge eye set. Then Halloween rolled around and I had some fun with that. Then another creator challenge and I tackled creating a custom career.
To further round out my portfolio I through in a CAS Screen and some terrain paint. Then I decided I needed some more houses in my neighborhood and ended up getting Featured for my Katrina Cottages. I was speechless for days about that one. Then winter hits and I churn out another contest entry, this time a custom swing. Swings are the single most complicated thing I've ever run into, I stand in awe still of anyone who understand BHAVs.
Then I took up my Milkshape and started making conversion meshes, I learned quite a few things about the importance of aligning normals to be sure! Next up my OCD compelled me to do something about the disorderly state in which the Buy Mode and Clothing Catalogs were in and those two mods are my most popular downloads to date. Some more contests and miscellaneous mods and suddenly I'm asked to join MTS2 staff. As that had been my dream since the first day I cowered in phear of the mods in #create I said yes as fast as I could. Now slightly more than a month later, I'm celebrating my 100th upload and my 1st year as a Sims 2 Custom Content Creator. How's that for a year?
The last goodie I have for you today is a set of icons. What are they useful for? Well if you plan on writing your own sims program and need an icon for it, then its useful. What if you are tired of seeing 3 identical icons for your AnyGames when one is clearly your Medieval hood, one is a testing ground, and the last is Zombie Apocalpyse? Well, right click on their properties and tell it to change the icon. (The zombie turnon icon works quite nicely for the Apocalypse Challenge AnyGame) What if you are just so sims obsessed you'd like to change ALL your desktop icons into sims graphics. Well, thats a bit over the top, but YOU CAN DO IT!
Here's to another great year of creating at MTS2!
P.S. I hope you all now by now that I LOVE READING COMMENTS! Leave a note, (pretend its a birthday party!)
HP, Tig, fanseelamb, whiterider, Delphy, plasticbox, Echo, Canoodle, Lethe_s, Numenor, wes_h, Carmee_kitty, wndy_26, Sophie-David, Fresh-Prince, and all the other wonderful creators and friends who've welcomed me here at MTS2 and made this the best year my sims and I have ever had. THANK YOU ALL!!! <3
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Linux: Various flavours of Linux, may need Mono or Wine
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
Miscellaneous: Tools which do not fit into the above categories.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Size: 727.7 KB · Downloads: 5,638 · 18th Jul 2008
|727.7 KB||5,638||18th Jul 2008|
Size: 384.7 KB · Downloads: 5,674 · 18th Jul 2008
|384.7 KB||5,674||18th Jul 2008|
Sims 2 Random Aspect Generators.rar
Size: 519.8 KB · Downloads: 9,952 · 18th Jul 2008
|519.8 KB||9,952||18th Jul 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)