"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (Base Game)
Well, I went and did this for Apartment Life, and that got me looking at a lot of the other outfits in the game... and actually, one of the worst offenders is the base game, with short skirts and bellies sticking out all over the place.
I'm not a prude, but I don't think it's too much to ask that our sims look properly covered up. Thus, I have fixed a ton of outfits - pulling up pants, pulling down shirts, and adding leggings/tights and undershirts. If you want your sims to have it all hanging out, then don't download. I've done everything separately so if you want a particular set and don't want the rest, you can pick and choose.
All files here are default replacements - [b]they will completely replace the original outfits with my changes. If you don't like that, don't download them! I have no plans to make non-defaults of these. If someone else wants to do that, go right ahead - I made these for my own use and figured I'd upload them to share. Don't ask for non-defaults or I will come to your house and eat all your pasta!
The textures are compressed as much as would let me compress them (no texture quality loss, by the way) so these should be relatively small in size despite being defaults.
I've got several outfits already done from several EPs. The Apartment Life set is already uploaded and available here. I do plan on doing more - when, I don't know. Don't bug me or I'll throw eggs at your dog.
Why didn't I do certain outfits (like the one adult female bra-with-sheer-black-top, or the teen female midriff tops that match the swimwear)? Because I didn't think it warranted it - either it was clearly meant to be skimpy and showing too much skin, or matched a swimsuit and was supposed to look like a swimsuit with shorts over or whatever... Basically, if it ain't here, I didn't feel like doing it, but MOST stuff from the base game is here.
[size=4][color=indigo][b]Downloads are in Comments![/header1]
Because of the fact that I have a ton of different sets here, I am putting the downloads in the comments.
[b]The file attached to this first post is a useless file which you do not need so don't download it! It's only attached because I have to in order for this thread to work as a proper download thread... and because it'll amuse me to see how many people download it anyway without having read this at all.
MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for giving me a cool place to make pretty things for pixel dollies.
Everyone who has contributed to the development of SimPE.
Wes_H for his Milkshape plugins.
Adult hair by Nouk, teen hair by Raon (both free). Skin and brows by me. Eyes by Anva. Makeup by RenSim.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Do not download this file - downloads are in comments!.rar
Size: 224 Bytes · Downloads: 12,995 · 25th Sep 2008
|224 Bytes||12,995||25th Sep 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.