Suburbia #7: Main Street Maison
Updated: 29th Apr 2009 at 5:07 AM - Fixed a typo.
YOU MUST READ THIS NOTICE BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!! DUE TO RECENT THEFT OF MY WORK, I AM PUTTING THIS ON ALL MY DOWNLOADS. YOU ARE NOT TO REDISTRIBUTE MY WORK VIA ANY OTHER SITE, INCLUDING THE EXCHANGE. IF I FIND MY WORK HAS BEEN STOLEN, I WILL NOTIFY THAT SITE THAT IT MUST BE TAKEN DOWN, AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY ME. I DO NOT ALLOW MY WORK TO BE REDISTRIBUTED. READ MY POLICY ON MY UPLOADS PAGE.
Yet another house from me, and one of my best, I think. It's a style that was very popular around the turn of the century in states like Virginia and South Carolina. It has a unique front retaining wall with a lavish fenced-in garden and wrought-iron gate. This is mainly because this is a city house, so the yard had to be fenced in, and the houses had to be fenced off from each other. These houses would be lined up like row houses, only disconnected. Usually they could be found on the typical "Main street," and were usually inhabited by wealthy professionals such as doctors. I'm particularly pleased with the gate because that particular arrangement where the steps go down below the retaining wall to street level had eluded me until these handy retaining walls were created. If you didn't follow that, just know that I'm really proud of how authentic it looks. I really put a lot of effort into the landscaping on this one, because the south is very lush and people there like very full gardens.
It's best used as a home for a retiring couple or a young couple just starting out, as it only can accommodate 2 people, though it has plenty of expansion options. It has a large front porch for whiling away the lazy summer nights talking, a well-stocked study for your bookworm sims, a extra-private walled in garden perfect for romancing that special sim, and a comfortable bedroom to retire to when your sims grow weary of the world.
CUSTOM CONTENT: (REQUIRED BUT NOT INCLUDED)
tbudgett's Retaining Walls (here)
phoenix_phaerie's Modern Georgian Manor Set (here) and it's Expansion Set (here)
marvine's Spiral Stairs [Wood] and Matching Railing (here) (you want the one with the thin little railing)
Enjoy! Don't forget to say thanks if you like it!
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: $114,042
The south in general, marvine, phoenix_phaerie, tbudgett
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
Title: Suburbia #7
|Open for Business|
| The house file.
Size: 1.24 MB · Downloads: 906 · 21st Mar 2009
|1.24 MB||906||21st Mar 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here: