-Redneck Mansion- Includes New Meshes!
Updated: 5th Feb 2014 at 6:20 PM
Today I present to you a lot that in real life is the set of a play, but it totally rocks and was actually created, so why can't my simmies live in it? I've included my reference pictures at the bottom for you to compare. I spent months trying to make it identical to the reference pictures. As for the name, I didn't name it, the internet gave it it's name, so please don't tell me its insulting or whatever, I mean no disrespect whatsoever. Also, this would be freaking amazing in real life!
Each little trailer is decorated in its own unique color theme and I tried to keep CC to a minimum using only what was absolutely necessary (even still, the list is long). The numbers in the pictures correspond with the floor plan photo so you can see where each trailer is on the lot. (Numbers were given roughly based on location and level.)
To make this lot uber perfect, I needed to create a few objects that I just couldn't find anywhere else. There are 6 new objects (included in the lot but also downloadable separately) for you to play with.
Wood Pallet (Surface Misc.)
This object was created to be able to hold anything (it can support a refrigerator!) and to be stackable. I think it would go great in a store room or warehouse. I've added 2 recolors in the separate that aren't used in the lot. The mesh and texture was created from the UNI bonfire and reworked, Maxis match! BaseGame Compatible.
Vertex: 316 Faces: 158 (Low poly)
Lil Garden Lattice Windmill (Deco Misc)
This little windmill ACTUALLY SPINS!!! It is intended for placement in your sim gardens, the silly owners of this lot have placed it on their roof instead! This was cloned and extensively reworked from the MG wind turbins. My version will NOT pay your bills (its just a decorative little windmill) but it is BaseGame Compatible.
Vertex: 801 Faces: 511 (Medium poly)
Folded Umbrella (Deco Misc)
This umbrella is closed. I have seen many on this site that are open, but for my picture I needed closed umbrellas. This umbrella sits on the ground or on tables but nothing else. BaseGame Compatible.
Vertex: 170 Faces: 121 (Low poly)
Just a Pole (Build Columns)
I needed a regular old metal pole column to support some of the upper decks. I also needed to somehow make my outdoor lights taller, so using the lampost base as my guide I was able to accomplish both tasks at the same time. BaseGame Compatible
Vertex: 76 Faces: 46 (Low poly)
Solar Panel (Electronic Misc)
Apparently we have Eco-Friendly Rednecks living here. I've created two versions, one is BaseGame Compatible (and that's the one that is included in the lot) and the other requires MG. The meshes and textures (and GUID) are the same for both, but the MG one will actually help pay your bills. Please download the MG one if you can. Delete the other from your downloads folder before playing this lot and the one will replace the other.
Vertex: 108 Faces: 62 (Low poly)
Clothes Line (Deco Misc)
I needed a clothes line and there are a few here on MTS, but none were the right shape and most had clothes on them already. The metal and the line are separately recolorable. BaseGame Compatible.
Vertex: 1906 Faces: 1572 (Medium poly)
I hope you enjoy playing this lot as much as I enjoyed building it. It was a long/fun/stressful/exciting/frustrating trip, and I'm glad I came through it alive. Thanks so much everyone who kept pushing me to keep going.
Lot Size: 4x3
Lot Price: $155,147
Custom Content by Me:
- Clothes Line
- Just a Pole
- Wood Pallet and 2 Recolors
- Umbrella and 3 Recolors
- Solar Panels BG/MG Versions
- Lil' Garden Lattice Windmill
- Caravan White Plastic Floor
- 2 Patio Chair Recolors
- 6 Striped Siding Walls
- 4 Orange Slant Walls
Custom Content Included:
- 3 Upper Cabinets by CTNutmegger
- Grey Stairs Recolor by HoneyB
- Animated Metal Ladder by Marvine
- Balcony Flower Box and Recolor by Marylou
- White Flamingo Recolor by Nemi
- Nursery Curtains by Reyn
- Recolorable Holy Smoke Stair by Numenor
- Maxis Flowers without Base by Targa
- White Arch Recolor by senesi2003
- Three Tile Window by Zookini
Custom Content Required but NOT Included:
- Satellite Dish by boblishman
- Patio Chair and Recliner by Zookini
- Ladder Animations by Marvine
To install, be sure to download boblishman and zookini's files, then place all CC packages in your Downloads folder, then double click on the Sims2Pack. Redneck Mansion Lot will be waiting for you in your lots bin.
Qbuilderz, Lee, Fresh-Prince, HP, fansee, Canoodle, cmomoney, Numenor, carmeekitty, and the rest of #create who fed my ego when I showed sneak-peeks.
Number of bedrooms:
5 or more
Custom Content Included:
Build and Buy Mode Content: Furniture, decorations, etc.
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
|Filename||Phaenoh_Clothesline.package (inside Phaenoh_Clothesline.rar)|
|Description||Some sims want to be more eco-friendly. Instead of drying their clothes in the dryer, now they can let Mother Nature do their chores, powered by all natural sun and wind energy. Garunteed to get every single piece of your sims laundry dry again. - Created by Phaenoh, MTS.|
|Filename||Phaenoh_Column-MetalPole.package (inside Phaenoh_Column-MetalPole.rar)|
|File type||Architecture Support|
|Title||Just a Pole|
|Description||Sometimes a straight plain metal pole is all you need. So, here it is. - Phaenoh, MTS2|
|Filename||Phaenoh_FoldedUmbrella.package (inside Phaenoh_FoldedUmbrella.rar)|
|Description||Some days you just don't need or want your umbrella open, it might be bad weather and you are trying to protect it, it might be the middle of the winter. Or you might just want the sun to shine down on you. Whatever your reason for keeping your pretty umbrella folded up is up to you, here it is. - Created by Phaenoh, MTS|
|Filename||Phaenoh_SolarPanel-BG.package (inside Phaenoh_SolarPanel-BG.rar)|
|Description||To the Eco-aware sim out there, we present to them solar panels! Basegame version is decorative only. - Created by Phaenoh.|
|Filename||Phaenoh_SolarPanel-MG.package (inside Phaenoh_SolarPanel-MG.rar)|
|Title||“You got Sol” by Stellar Products|
|Description||Harness the power of the very sun! State of the art photovoltaic systems convert otherwise wasted solar rays into utilizable electric energy! Note: Does not harness ALL the power of the very sun. That would be dangerous. - Ground version created by Phaenoh, MTS|
|Filename||Phaenoh_WoodPallet.package (inside Phaenoh_WoodPallet.rar)|
|Description||Sometimes you just need a wood pallet to store stuff on. They are great for shipping things and storing them. They even stack! - Created by Phaenoh, MTS|
Description: Every little garden needs a little windmill. Yours for only $100. - Phaenoh, MTS
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 280.8 KB · Downloads: 12,221 · 10th Jul 2009
|280.8 KB||12,221||10th Jul 2009|
| Includes Extra Recolors
Size: 96.3 KB · Downloads: 12,026 · 10th Jul 2009
|96.3 KB||12,026||10th Jul 2009|
| Working (Pays Bills) Version
Size: 3.8 KB · Downloads: 11,947 · 10th Jul 2009
|3.8 KB||11,947||10th Jul 2009|
| Decorative Only
Size: 98.7 KB · Downloads: 11,464 · 10th Jul 2009
|98.7 KB||11,464||10th Jul 2009|
Size: 207.5 KB · Downloads: 12,201 · 10th Jul 2009
|207.5 KB||12,201||10th Jul 2009|
Size: 9.8 KB · Downloads: 12,410 · 10th Jul 2009
|9.8 KB||12,410||10th Jul 2009|
Size: 25.9 KB · Downloads: 14,186 · 10th Jul 2009
|25.9 KB||14,186||10th Jul 2009|
| All CC Included
Size: 3.76 MB · Downloads: 34,280 · 10th Jul 2009
|3.76 MB||34,280||10th Jul 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)