"Velvet Curtains" Series - Gerdundula Drive
This is a series of larger more lavish houses compared to my others. While I wouldn't personally call them mansions because I don't really think they're big enough to qualify as I probably won't be building them on the biggest lots, they should be fairly big though and around the $100k-200k price range.
Where "''Auntie Nellie"'' sits, "''In My Chair"'', looking at "''Pictures of Matchstick Men"''! Created by Feldynn @ MTS, please DO NOT reupload to The Exchange.
4 Bedrooms (1 nursery)
3 Bathrooms (1 ensuite to masterbed but not private)
Kitchen / dining room
Sunken entrance area
Deck with BBQ grill facility
Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Price: $112,311 (F) / $56,707 (Unf)
This is the 5th house (I think) in this series, I really have no clue what style of house this would be because I mixed and matched a bit.. it's partly an older style (possibly victorian or something) but has a couple of modern roof ideas I tried to sneak in, and the tiled pool and wotnot. Anyways it has 4 bedrooms, one of which is a nursery and another is a master bedroom with a connecting door to one of the bathrooms.
I did have some interesting times with the sunken entrance way, at first the front door was bugged (due to being in a half CFE'd room) so you couldn't use the "set as front door" interaction but I managed to fudge that by building a little room around the door and used "MoveObjects On" to place the archway thus making the front door interaction available again.
Have done some basic testing, everything seems in order so far as I could see, the whole front door / archway entrance does work going in both directions and the "set as front door" interaction works too. If anyone finds any issues please let me know and I'll try to correct them as promptly as possible.
A quick shoutout to Deluxe Designs @ TheSimSupply.com for his video tutorial "Building a Better House", gave me a few ideas to mash together with ideas / styles from other lots I've built . Thanks!
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: $112,311
Title: Gerdundula Drive
Description: Where "''Auntie Nellie"'' sits, "''In My Chair"'', looking at "''Pictures of Matchstick Men"''! Created by Feldynn @ MTS, please DO NOT reupload to The Exchange.
Size: 2.45 MB · Downloads: 1,388 · 24th Jul 2009
|2.45 MB||1,388||24th Jul 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!