"Silicone Sunset" Series - 8-DIP Residential Microchip
Hopefully this will turn out to be a series of buildings both residential and commercial (if I can drum up the nerve to build / upload a commercial zone lol) that are based on a "technology" theme, by that I mean things relating to computers, microchips, electronics and such. Might possibly include sci-fi oriented stuff but I don't know yet.
8-DIP Residential Microchip
Everyone's favourite piece of technology to live in, while the 8-DIP Residential Microchip may be old technology it's still full of that classic microchippy goodness we've come to know and love!
I did look at a few different basic chip designs but had the 8 legged spider style in mind at the time, so here's a comparison photo of one
3 car driveway area
Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Price: $106,114 (F) / $76,405 (UNF)
It is what it is, a giant microchip. Like a little hi-tech spider scurrying across your neighbourhood, err yeah anyway .. it has 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor (2 have doublebeds, 1 is a kids room), a hobby room and a bathroom too. The 1st floor has a kitchen, diningroom, livingroom and a bathroom. There's also space for 3 cars underneathe the giant chip built on flat copper connector driveways .
Have done some basic testing, everything seems in order (all objects seem to be accessable so far as I could see). If anyone finds any issues please let me know and I'll try to correct them as promptly as possible.
Lot Size: 3x2
Lot Price: $106,114
Title: 8-DIP Residential Microchip
Description: Everyone's favourite piece of technology to live in, while the 8-DIP Residential Microchip may be old technology it's still full of that classic microchippy goodness we've come to know and love! Created by Feldynn @ MTS, please DO NOT reupload to The Exchange.
Size: 1.66 MB · Downloads: 586 · 26th Jul 2009
|1.66 MB||586||26th Jul 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!