-Floor Overlays- Add Character to Your Lots! (Sidewalk Chalk!)
Updated: 11th Sep 2012 at 10:53 PM
I've created some sidewalk drawings for your sim kids to claim as their own as well as some leaves and some animated marching ants!
These wonderful little overlays are even visible from the neighborhood!
Now, you might have some slight difficulties at first figuring out how to pick these overlays back up or use the recolor tool on them. They are ONLY clickable in the center. See the mesh picture included at the bottom. This was done so you can still direct sims to 'Walk To' over the texture in case you completely cover your room with them. This isn't too likely with my recolors, but it is with Pixelhates'. The clickable space is large enough that once you know where it is, it's not that finicky. I didn't have any trouble with them and hopefully you won't either, now that you know about this silly little caveat.
The meshes have the textures with our names on them. DO NOT DELETE the mesh! It won't work without that one! All other packages can be deleted as you like with no consequence.
Change in policy for these meshes only: YES you may include the mesh in your lot upload! I usually do not allow this in case I want to update the mesh, but I'm pretty sure that this one is good and done. Have at it! Recolor to your heart's content, but still do not include the mesh with your recolor upload.
P.S. I love reading your comments and make sure you check out Pixelhate's recolors, they are wicked sweet!
Vertices: 8, Facecount: 4
Leesester, Q, and the rest of #create who kept me going on this project.
Echo and Lethe who made the predecessors of these floor overlays.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Phaenoh_FloorOverlay1x1MESH.package (inside Phaenoh_FloorOverlay1x1MESH.rar)|
|Title||Floor Overlay 1x1|
|Description||These floor overlays are helpful with adding character to your lot. - Mesh by Phaenoh MTS, Recolors by Pixelhate MTS|
Description: These floor overlays are helpful with adding character to your lot. - Mesh by Phaenoh MTS, Recolors by Pixelhate MTS
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Leaves and Marching Ants
Size: 156.7 KB · Downloads: 33,513 · 13th Aug 2009
|156.7 KB||33,513||13th Aug 2009|
| Chalk recolors for both meshes
Size: 307.8 KB · Downloads: 40,015 · 13th Aug 2009
|307.8 KB||40,015||13th Aug 2009|
Size: 40.6 KB · Downloads: 45,222 · 13th Aug 2009
|40.6 KB||45,222||13th Aug 2009|
Size: 38.2 KB · Downloads: 48,554 · 13th Aug 2009
|38.2 KB||48,554||13th Aug 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)