Maywood House – Small villa – No CC
On the ground floor is an entrance, a small formal living room, a bathroom (toilet) and a formal-ish dining room with open kitchen – a 3x1 dining table would also fit in here, if six is not enough (see post #2 for an alternate layout). A larger family living room is in the basement, along with a full bath and an empty spare room; the upstairs floor has three bedrooms, a full bath, and a play area for the children with access to a large open balcony. On the top floor is a double bedroom with private bath.
1 x double bedroom
3 x single/twin bedroom (one of them a nursery)
4 x bathroom (one of them private)
1 x kitchen/dining
3 x living room
1 x spare room (empty)
Playtested with 5–8 sims plus guests for more than a sim week. See post #2 (first comment) for overview screenshots as well as an alternate layout for the ground floor (with an extra bathroom; might be useful if you have really many sims).
Even though this house is really compact, it is quite a bit larger than my other ones – I had to lower my settings in order to play without lag. I recommend you test how it performs before moving in your favourite family. (I have a relatively nice computer – 2.4GHz dual core, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT –; OTOH, looking at all the uber mansions on this site, I take it people tend to have better machines than I do. So it may not be an issue for you).
Please don't PM me with questions. Post questions/feedback about this particular house in this thread, generic build mode stuff in the Build Mode forum. Thanks.
Base Game content only. This house will look exactly like on the screenshots.
Lot Size: 2x3
Lot Price: 91.030§ F, 59.185§ U
Title: Maywood House
Description: A small villa, 4BR 4BA, for up to five sims (or more, if you use the spare room for a bedroom). With pool, fireplace, covered terrace, balcony, garden, driveways. Fully furnished and landscaped.
Size: 3.63 MB · Downloads: 11,227 · 14th Nov 2009
|3.63 MB||11,227||14th Nov 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.