*UPDATED* Live Long and Prosper: A Vulcan meditation lamp, as seen on "Star Trek"
Uploaded 20th May 2010 at 7:05 PM · Updated 30th Sep 2012 at 8:32 AM by NixNivis
Update Nov 18, 2010: It's a minor change, but the lamp has been updated to emit a warmer, more flame-like light.
Update Aug 18, 2010: The lamp has been updated so that it now is placeable on OFB shelves and counters. Thanks to Numenor and his mini-tut on how to set the object size for custom objects!
A Vulcan Sim of mine recently pointed out to me how highly illogical it was for her not to have a proper lamp to use when she meditates. Now, if you have as a demanding commanding officer as this poor Starfleet Vulcan does, you need all the peace of mind you can get, so of course I had to help her out and make her a Vulcan meditation lamp.
It is an actual lamp, not a sculpture (yes, I made an object you can use for something other than just looking at ), so you can turn it on and off. The flame is animated and flickers, as does the ground light pattern.
Since your Sims might want to meditate in different places and in different positions, the lamp is placeable on all surfaces, including OFB shelves and counters, mantles and dressers with slots. It can also be placed on the floor/ground and on driveways. (I'm not sure why anybody would meditate on a driveway, but if your Sims want to, they can.) Your Sims can't walk over it, though; that seemed unwise, not to mention illogical, since we're talking about an open flame here (even though it wouldn't actually set your Sim on fire, since the game thinks it's an ordinary lamp ).
You'll find your new meditation lamp under Lighting -> Misc. and it costs 150 Simoleons. It is base-game compatible and has been tested on a computer that's only ever known the base game.
Walls, floor and furniture are all by Maxis; the Vulcan hair, robe and skin (Ren blend) by me. The Sim's make-up is by Rensim and Simple Life - free, of course.
602 polys, 429 vertices
- JWoods for his object making tutorial
- Numenor for various informative and helpful posts, esp. on BHAVs
- Ocelotekatl a.k.a. Jasonduskey for his tutorial on how to replace the TXMT
To create this object, I've used:
- UV Mapper
- and the file has been compressed with jFade's Compressorizer
Many thanks to all the creators of the above programs!
As always, if you like my creation, hitting the "thanks" button is a quick and painless way of showing it.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A traditional meditation lamp for your Vulcans. By [email protected]/SimTrek
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Vulcan meditation lamp mesh
Size: 366.1 KB · Downloads: 4,727 · 20th May 2010
|366.1 KB||4,727||20th May 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
- ...recolour my meshes and include them with your recolours
- ...include my Bodyshop items with your Sims and my objects with your lots
- ...modify and/or use parts of my Bodyshop meshes
- ...clone my objects
- ...convert my items for The Sims 3
- ...use my custom content in screen shots, stories, movies, etc.; credit is always appreciated, but by no means required.
But Please DON'T...
- ...claim my work as your own
- ...upload my items as is or with only v. minor changes (such as renaming them, but changing nothing else)
- ...convert my items for The Sims 4
- ...upload my items or content based on my items to paysites, including Patreon and sites that use ad.fly, or to TSR. (Sites that ask for voluntary donations through ko.fi, PayPal and the like are fine, though.)
you may of course do whatever you please![/size]
[size=+2]I'm no longer active at MTS, but I am still active in the Sims community.
I am NOT retired and my downloads here are NOT abandonware!