'California Contemporary' 3 bed house with office & bonus room
Uploaded 21st Jun 2010 at 5:09 PM
Contemporary home based on this house at houseplans.com.
I built a version of this house for my Sims 2 game and it was one of my favorite homes, so I decided to make one for Sims 3. One thing I had to change was the gate in front: it should be a a security gate like the ones we had in the Sims 2 AL ep. There is no similar door in Sims 3, and none of the fence gates really looked right, so I went with an archway instead.
Burglar alarm is place on the wall inside that arch, so your security needs are covered.
This house has 3 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. The master bedroom is on the first floor and opens on the pool deck. The other two bedrooms are on the second floor. One is furnished with a single bed, and the other has both a single bed and crib. There is also a half bath on both floors, one on the first floor near the garage and another on the second floor next to the laundry room.
Large great room has a fireplace, widescreen wall TV, and opens onto the pool deck. A small bonus room opens from beneath the stairs. I furnished it with exercise equipment but it could easily be changed into a room for sculpture or invention bench. The tattoo station will fit in that room, but the stylist set up will not.
Second floor has a large family/game room with additional TV with game console, foosball table, and lots of toys for kids. The second floor also features an office space which opens onto a balcony overlooking the pool deck. There is a laundry room on the second floor, and hampers in each bedroom. If you don't like the laundry feature, the laundry room could easily be merged with the half bath next to it to make a full size bathroom instead.
Garage has one parking space plus two bike racks. There is also a parking space on the drive way. There is an enclosed patio in the front and a pool deck on the side of the house.
I've listed HELS as a requirement, but I only used one HELS item, a planter box on the front patio, so you should be able to use this house without HELS.
Custom Content used but not included:
Free from the EA store:
Golden Woman of Prosperity painting
By Inge Jones at SimLogical:
Contemporary Build Set
I used the Privacy window and Full Height window only
Versatile Glass Shelving
By Huge Lunatic:
Little Sister Crib
Shelf Clutter Pack
Lot size is 20x40. There are no lots of that size in any of the premade neighborhoods, so you will need to place a space in Edit Town mode to add this lot. I leveled the terrain before building, so you should be able to place this lot on any level 20x40 space you can create.
Lot Size: 2x4
Lot Price: 140,950
Title: California Contemporary
Description: 3 bedroom, 3 full bath, 2 half bath contemporary home with office and a bonus room. Large great room, large family/game room, deck with pool, and a front terrace.
|High-End Loft Stuff|
Size: 4.10 MB · Downloads: 708 · 21st Jun 2010
|4.10 MB||708||21st Jun 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!