Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)
Uploaded 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM · Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda
For more information, please see the official website at:
The newest version recognizes 64-bit and the Ultimate Collection, thanks to abluescarab.
- The Sims2Pack is released under the GNU General Public License.
- The program uses some DLLs from DatGen and SimPE; they are included in the installation.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=20137
To install, just download Sims2PackInstaller.zip and unzip it. Run the installation EXE from the unzipped location.
If you would prefer a no-install version, download Sims2PackInstaller_NoInstall.zip and extract everything. You will have to set the file associations yourself. Here's a brief explanation of how to set up the no-install version:
To have the Sims2Pack install your CC into a non-default location, here are some suggestions:
If you always want to have the Sims2Pack install your CC into a non-default location, please see this post:
For multi-install, please see this post:
I have included the source code for the latest version in Sims2PackInstallerSource.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
Please report any problems with this new version in the Sims2Pack forum. Be sure to mention which version you are using.
How To Help:
The most important thing is to let me know if you have any problems. I have a limited ability to do testing, so I'm hoping that people will tell me when things go wrong.
Specifically, if you notice that a piece of CC is incorrectly identified, or has other incorrect information, please let me know. If possible, a copy of the CC (or a link to the download) may help me to find the bug.
The Sims2Pack was originally written by Karol Rybak (phervers), who has left the community.
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
CC Editors: Tools for modifying .package files, sims*pack files, and resources contained within those files.
CC Managers: Tools for installing and managing custom content, custom music, custom paintings etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
| No-install version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (requires special handling)
Size: 513.5 KB · Downloads: 55,205 · 5th Jan 2011
|513.5 KB||55,205||5th Jan 2011|
| C# source code V1.6.22 - for programmers only
Size: 702.9 KB · Downloads: 30,122 · 3rd Jul 2010
|702.9 KB||30,122||3rd Jul 2010|
| Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22
Size: 623.5 KB · Downloads: 291,944 · 3rd Jul 2010
|623.5 KB||291,944||3rd Jul 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sharing, Requests, Help
Please do not share my programs, lots, or neighborhoods without my permission. Instead, please direct people to the latest release on this website.
Feel free to share my mods, but be sure to give people a link to the download thread here, just in case there are any future fixes.
The source code for most of my programs is available in the download thread. If I am inactive on ModTheSims for a year, or if I die, you may take over development and support of any of my programs without my permission, but the program must remain free of cost and you must keep the source code in the public domain.
If you have requests for new tools, or suggestions for existing tools, please post in the Moo Tools social group; see my Group Memberships for link. I do not accept requests for anything other than programs.
For help with any of my tools, please post in the appropriate download thread.
DO NOT ask for help or support via PM.
I will delete such requests without responding. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664