Atavera's Custom Guitars Converted for Sims 3
Updated: 17th Sep 2010 at 1:16 PM
These are Atavera's Electic guitars that he made for Sims 2 converted for Sims 3 and they are fully functional.
Atavera has been retired to Sims scene for a long time but I really like his guitars for Sims 3 and I know many more wants these too, so I converted them for our enjoyment. These are two of my favorite from Atavera's. Gibson Les Paul and Gibson Flying V. (This was planned to be three but I'm still stuck with stratocaster's UV mapping problem)
The custom mesh was created by Atavera. The textures of the guitar were refigured to accomodate recolorable channels and specular. All guitars has three recolorable channels. They can be found under Entertainment / Hobbies and Skills.
They are cloned from Maxis' Electric guitar that comes with HELS. The Stuff pack is needed for this to work properly - with amplifiers. I'll update a base game compatible of this if I could - Promise
The Les Paul animation has a veyr little glitch - fingers overlap the neck of guitar when being played.
Credit goes to Atavera and his great mesh.
Les Paul - 1891 vertices, 1016 faces
Flying V - 1451 vetices, 972 faces
Original Mesh by Atavera
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||scriminc_lespaul_conversion.package (inside scriminc_lespaul_conversion.rar)|
|Filename||scriminc_gibsonflyingv_conversion.package (inside scriminc_gibsonflyingv_conversion.rar)|
|High-End Loft Stuff|
Size: 167.2 KB · Downloads: 27,646 · 17th Sep 2010
|167.2 KB||27,646||17th Sep 2010|
Size: 222.5 KB · Downloads: 33,455 · 17th Sep 2010
|222.5 KB||33,455||17th Sep 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: