Smaller Plumbob Pictures Backlot
Updated: 13th Nov 2010 at 8:18 AM
Longer version: So, Late Night is awesome! Except for the problem of ginormous lots. I was monumentally miffed when I found no space to put in the movie lot in Sunset Valley and immediately embarked on a quest for smaller lots and equal superstar-making opportunities for spatially challenged neighborhoods. It appears the movie lot only needs the rabbithole to function, and the smallest size it will fit is 40x40 lot. So I built it. It fits very nicely in multiple places in Sunset Valley, and most probably other hoods as well. There are some sets around the lot too, just to make things interesting.
I playtested: my sim had no problem getting the job, getting tasks out on the town (note that some of those require new Late Night type of buildings to be present, like clubs and bars)or being promoted, and random sims were assigned jobs in the lot just like the game usually does. I didn’t have enough patience to reach the top of the career though , so please if you find that I DID manage to screw something up don’t hesitate to tell.
This is the lot, nestled safely near the Sunset Valley beach (I demolished one of the empty houses to free up a lot).
Those are some of the sets:
There are four total: a garden with a pond, a paneled house, a romantic-looking balcony and a castle wall. Aside from the rabbithole and the sets there’s nothing else on the lot. No CC, no stuff packs used to decorate.
Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: 26,524
Title: Plumbob Pictures Mini Backlot
Description: Who said you need a lot of sets to shoot good cinema? Just go on location, we say! Keep those real estate expses to a minimum with this mini-studio. Everyone knows that a small budget is the sign of a true artist anyway.
Plumbob Pictures Mini Backlot.rar
Size: 624.5 KB · Downloads: 13,337 · 14th Nov 2010
|624.5 KB||13,337||14th Nov 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!