Simple Waste Paper Basket
Updated: 23rd Nov 2011 at 11:28 PM by whiterider
I'm a stylish, glamourous chick, so it makes sense that my first finished object would be a bin. But no, wait - it's not a bin, it's a waste paper basket. I am absolutely horrified at the selection of bins provided by EA - it's either a pedal-action kitchen bin, a town council recycling bin, or some weirdly-shaped tatty old thing which looks like it belongs in an abandoned stop smoking clinic. I wouldn't put a one of them in my living room, let alone my study!
So, to remedy this, I set out to create a nice, normal, simple, indoor bin for all your simmies' screwed-up-post-it-note needs. In fact I started this project six months ago, eventually abandoned it (geostates are evil), and then revived it a few days ago upon stumbling across a post by orangemittens which made it all make sense. Thanks, orangemittens!
I am proud to say that the result is a very pretty waste paper basket, complete with working empty and full states (and a full texture which doesn't look like the bottom of a river).
It is called "Simple Waste Paper Basket", can be found in Kitchen -> Disposal or in Appliances -> Misc, and costs §25.
It comes in four presets - wicker, gold-ish coloured tin, wood effect*, and
* Not actual wood. Not actual effect. Not actual bin. May crack if stared at.
And unlike its EA counterparts, the simple waste paper basket actually looks good in any domestic setting!
Policy: Remesh, retexture, rehash, include, put it on your head and run around pretending to be a robot - do as you will, just keep it free, and give me credit with a link back to this page, or to my profile.
If you want to edit this, you can find meshes (ms3d) and textures (psd) in my journal.
orangemittens, for unintentionally telling me how to fix this; HP, for making that cute little carpenter achievement that I want SO DAMN MUCH; and purplepaws, for the lovely carpet patterns in the pics.
Description: Sometimes, a bin is just a place to put snotty tissues, failed attempts at drawing, and important unopened letters. By [email protected]
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Simple Waste Paper Basket.rar
Size: 333.5 KB · Downloads: 17,360 · 5th Dec 2010
|333.5 KB||17,360||5th Dec 2010|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!
Antique: Antique or Historical
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room