(TS2 to TS3-ish) Ikea EKTORP Living Room Set
Updated: 20th Mar 2012 at 2:54 PM
This is a conversion/adaptation of one of my favourite TS2 living room sets, from the Ikea Stuff Pack, to work in TS3. Even if you're not an Ikea fan, this set is still a nice, classic-shaped, mid-priced set - without looking too squishy or too stiff.
I know this had been converted before, but I'm sort of a stickler for things working right with CASt, so I decided to entirely remap the whole thing, removing the mirrored mapping that makes patterns look wonky, realigning it so plaids and so forth will repeat fairly well down the fronts of the cushions with the patterns lining up, patterns in the right directions down the sides, etc., and made a footstool (categorized as a coffee table) to round out the set. Pricing of the pieces included originally in TS2 is the same with my TS3 versions. I had to make up a price for the footstool, since I created that myself (there is a similar footstool in the real life EKTORP set by Ikea, but not in the Ikea SP).
The mapping isn't -exactly- perfect. Because they are rather complex shapes to both map properly and get to work right with CASt for all patterns, there are a couple spots that are very slightly wonky, but they're really not that noticeable in-game.
All pieces include the real EKTORP colours from Ikea (11 in total) and all are pictured. Default is bright red. My favourite is the dark brown suede. YUM!
All pieces are fully recolourable, take patterns well, and have 2 recolourable parts - the fabric, and the feet. I didn't take pictures of the feet because, to be honest, they're -really- hard to see, and tiny, but the original TS2 pieces had different coloured feet, so these do too.
Updated 20 Mar 2012
I have (finally) updated this set to do the rigfixing required for it to work properly with the 1.26 and greater patch levels. Please download the new files. It's too much of a pain to fix the sims3pack versions, so I've just removed those.
- Category: Comfort/Living Chairs
- Comfy: 25
- Environment: 6
- 460 Simoleons
- Polygon Count: 887/1080 (Main) and 32/26 (Shadow) Vertices/Faces
- Category: Comfort/Sofas
- Comfy: 25
- Environment: 8
- 630 Simoleons
- Polygon Count: 1207/1528 (Main) and 32/26 (Shadow) Vertices/Faces
- Category: Comfort/Sofas
- Comfy: 20
- Environment: 9
- 660 Simoleons
- Polygon Count: 1487/1960 (Main) and 16/18 (Shadow) Vertices/Faces
- Category: Surfaces/Coffee Tables
- 110 Simoleons
- 9 Slots (slightly staggered for realism)
- Polygon Count: 602/754 (Main) and 32/26 (Shadow) Vertices/Faces
Additional Credits: TSRW
|Filename||EKTORPArmchair_HystericalParoxysm.package (inside EktorpSet.7z)|
|File type||Lounge Chair|
|Filename||EKTORPFootstool_HystericalParoxysm.package (inside EktorpSet.7z)|
|File type||Coffee Tables|
|Filename||EKTORPLoveseat_HystericalParoxysm.package (inside EktorpSet.7z)|
|Filename||EKTORPSofa_HystericalParoxysm.package (inside EktorpSet.7z)|
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 868.7 KB · Downloads: 26,828 · 1st Jan 2011
|868.7 KB||26,828||1st Jan 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
None, this is Sims 3 base game compatible!