1 Emily Drive - A Family Starter (UPDATED, BG-No CC Version!)
Uploaded 14th Feb 2011 at 3:37 PM · Updated 18th Feb 2011 at 8:54 PM by Swatme101 : Uploaded BG Compatible Fix
Having a mansion is always a luxury, but sometimes your sims prefer a small, cozy house. This lot is only built on a 10x10 lot, but is able to sustain up to 3 sims, and provide everything they need at that!
Layout and Design
Although small, this house sports an open layout that gives plenty of room to it's ocupants. On the first floor, you will find the living area, kitchen, and dining area. The living area and upstairs hallway is designed with earthy colors and give a very cozy feeling. Seating, HDTV, fireplace, stereo, all your sims need to get the entertainment they want! The kitchen has everything you need aswell, including all the appliances needed, coffee machine and processor. The dining area has a table with 5 chairs. HOWEVER, two of these chairs are unusable, and "pushed in." This will not affect gameplay, however, because they are actually placed on OMSPs (please read custom content instructions for installation). The only problem will be ran into if you direct a sim to sit in a chair which is "pushed in." The stairs leading to the second floor have a platform. The hallway leads to the two bedrooms and bathroom. The smaller bedroom, which is set up for a teenaged or young adult male, can easily be changed to fit any resident. Bed, Desk, Computer, TV, Bookshelf and Chair all included. The master bedroom has all the essentials, a mirror, and the door to the deck, and also a second door to the bathroom. The bathroom has all the regular plumbing. One strange issue found in routing testing is that there is an animation bug when using the shower. I am yet to find a solution, but please note that THIS IS ONLY VISUAL. There is no problem created by it. You may find some special suprises hidden in this house once you take a closer look
The basegame version of this house is CC, Mod, and Store Content Free. Skip to the downloads if you intend to download this version
To maintain the lot at it's original state, some objects are required to be downloaded. This content is NOT included in the package and MUST be downloaded for the lot to appear exactly as shown in the screenshots!
1. The One More Slot Package by granthes *This object is ABSOLUTELY Required!*
2. Shelf Clutter Pack by cmomoney
3. Curtain Height Adjustment by granthes
4. CAST yourself a chimney! by armiel
EA Store Content:
Note:These objects are nice accents to the house, but I would not suggest you go out and buy them just to get this download to look EXACTLY like the screenies. If you do not aquire these items, they will be replaced with default EA content. Please note that most of these store items belong to bigger store collections.
2. Rustic Loaf Box
3. Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf
4. Eleganza Drapes
5. Infinite Drapes
6. Wall of Greats
7. Lightbulb Sconce
8. Secret Sonny
9. Miss Mystery
10. Exclaimation Point!
11. "Terra" Plant *FREE*
12. I Love Me Mirror
13. PlasmaTron TV
14. Realtor's Baggage Props
Lot Size: 10x10
Lot Price Furnished: 70,740
Lot Price Unfurnished: 26,940
Custom Content Included: (both CC and No-CC version)
-ATS3 Bed Companion - Books #1 by Sandy @ Around The Sims 3
Thank you to my friend Elizabeth who helped me style the house, as well as help me with design choices. This house would have been far from nice without her!
Title: 1 Emily Drive - The Deceiving Starter Home
Description: At 1 Emily Drive, you will learn that lot size can be deceiving. This starter home sits on a 10x10 lot and provides everything needed by a family of 3. Two bedroom, 1 bathroom, a kitchen, living space, and dining area. This house features natural colors and a somewhat comtemporary theme with a hint of modern. This house is also heavily cluttered. Created by Swatme101, Uploaded to MTS. DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE. See post for more details.
Title: 1 Emily Drive - Basegame Compatible
Description: This version of 1 Emily Drive is a test of basegame compatibility. This is the same as the original version, except it is basegame compatible, there is NO CC, and there is no store content! Created with AnyGameStarter. Created by Swatme101, Uploaded to MTS. PLEASE read post for more information.
1 Emily Drive - Basegame Compatible.rar
| BASEGAME Tested Version. NO-CC or Store Content!!! **Please Read Thread for Information!** Click "Thanks" if you like! :)
Size: 2.43 MB · Downloads: 1,581 · 18th Feb 2011
|2.43 MB||1,581||18th Feb 2011|
1 Emily Drive - The Deceiving Starter Home.rar
| Original, Late Night Required Version. **Please Read Thread for Information!** Click "Thanks" if you like! :)
Size: 4.71 MB · Downloads: 1,529 · 14th Feb 2011
|4.71 MB||1,529||14th Feb 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
1) Feel free to recommend my downloads to other people, but please use the download link of the Mod The Sims page.
2) Do not take my creations and upload them to another website, or the exchange.
3) Enjoy my creations, and don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if you like what you see :)