New St. Bestine's Cathedral *4 Year Creator Anniversary*
Uploaded 19th Jul 2011 at 6:06 AM · Updated 7th Jun 2013 at 6:33 PM by Phaenoh
I'd like to celebrate that with you all this year by putting out a personal project I'd been working on and off for the last 2 and a half years or so. In my hood Alexander Goth's wedding to Estella DeMeine is the social event of the season. To do it proper, I wanted to give them a lovely church wedding, but I didn't find anything quite like what I had in mind when I looked around MTS. Real cathedrals took decades to build, mine took 2 years. This cathedral (or church as my Aunt informs me that it isn't actually a cathedral unless it is the Seat of a Bishop) was never intended to be uploaded, but because Lee and Q and Dal said I should I am. This is the second version of St. Bestine's Cathedral, the first one was one I did for my first attempt at a medieval hood, the Kingdom of Elsen. This is a huge difference and a big improvement I think. The St. Bestine Cathedral, or The Cathedral of the Lady in Grey is a large community lot set up to hold your largest weddings. With a tad bit of tweaking, you can hold Baptisms, Confirmations, First Communions, or weekly services there as well.
For the Goth-DeMeine wedding, all of Pleasantview was invited (all the playables at least). They all nicely sat down by family on the proper side of the aisle, groom's was on the left, bride's on the right. I managed to get 80 sims on the lot before I crashed my computer. I don't recommend you try it, but I highly recommend you get Inge's Teleporter Cat to summon and arrange all your wedding guests. Also, turning Free Will off while you usher your guests to their seats helps out bunches. Just don't forget to unselect all your guests before the happy couple leaves for their honeymoon or you might just crash your lot. Believe me, Alexander and Estella have had more than enough 'rehearsals' to have figured that one out as well.
She watches over us, protecting our children from peril, she is Our Lady, St. Bestine. Keep to the faith, follow the path. Pray the Lady watches over you always.
P.S. Leave a comment, its a party thread!
I had a bit of trouble packaging the CC in this lot, so you are going to have to go out and fetch it yourselves, sorry
Custom Content Required but Not Included:
- Independent Expressions Window Completer Set by MaryLou
- Out Of The Dark Ages - 2 Story Church Style by Moon_Ez
- Perfect Pediment Window Completer Set by Leesester
- Shrubby Shrubs by HystericalParoxysm
- Spiral Stairs right, left, fence, and animation by Marvine
- Open Timber Stairs by Reyn
- MaxisRoofMatch02 Floor by Rapsheba555
- Snapdragon Bouquet by Monique
- Masterfully Medieval Loveseat by Ailias
- Festive Foldy Chairs Non-Festive Edition by Menaceman
- Shiftable OMSP 1 by SilentLucidity
- White Pinegultcher Fence by Numenor
- Tiny Tikes Modular Playpen Fencing and Gate, Sleepy Mat, and Lil' Jailbird Wooden Crib by Phaenoh
- "Gussie" - Toy Mirror for Toddlers by BobL-Numenor
- Toy Drum Kit by Carmilla
- Plush MooMoo Toy by windkeeper
- FunkeyMonkey by MaryLou
- Buyable Maxis Jack-in-the-Box and Firetruck by Ailias
- Formal Sign by Inge Jones
- Short Bunny, Tall Bunny, Toy Bunny, and Koonzilla by lmhwjs
- Pennelle by Top Shelf Toys by Lord Darcy
From Dead Sites:
- Giant Oleander by corvidophile2
- 3-Tile Celebration Party Table by NoFrills
- Baby Bounce Chair and Dangle Monster by EA Store (dead site)
- Lil' Teddybear by FairyWitch
- Honey Bee Toy Blocks and Xylophone by NoFrills
- Animated Caterpillar Rocker by SnowStorm (dead site)
Lot Size: 4x5
Lot Price: $241,894
Creds to Lee and Q for poking me to upload this
Super big creds to Dal for supplying me with a clean copy of the Goth house when I managed to bug my own. Alexander and Estella's wedding is the event of the season!
Title: St. Bestine's Cathedral
Description: The neighborhood has grown up around this cathedral. It's always been perfect for weddings and family gatherings.
|Open for Business|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 1.13 MB · Downloads: 9,653 · 19th Jul 2011
|1.13 MB||9,653||19th Jul 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)