**Updated** Chateau du Graaz - A Brain-busting Adventure
Updated: 4th Feb 2016 at 3:31 PM - Updating to a refined non-buggy version.
--- UPDATE ---
- In later versions of Sims one of the chests is not possible to open, stopping people from continuing the tomb.
- Includes slightly more clues
- Story slightly updated
- Minor puzzle-changes later in the tomb
--- General talk ---
Hi folks! Finally I have managed to complete my first tomb project. It would be, as far as I'm concerned, one of the more ambitious tombs in the community. Not because it's super big, but it contains puzzles that require actual thinking in contrast to the tombs we see in the game.
It starts off pretty easy, hopefully, and evolves into some more intriguing puzzles, which you sometimes need to engage with the environment to solve.
When it comes to designing puzzles/riddles, I have been doing that quite a lot for various occasions. However, the most challenging is to find an adequate difficulty level for the "audience", so to speak. So whether you find it too hard or too simple, I hope you will appreciate the concept. And please, leave a comment in the commentary section to let me know what you think. That will help a lot.
I will gladly help out if you get stuck (don't just give up!), and if it gets popular I can post a thread so that people can discuss solutions, so I don't get too much PM:s. This submission is really a shot in the dark, since I don't know if it will be liked or hated. But I sure hope for that all the hours spent to create this will be worth it!
- The progression isn't always linear, meaning that you sometimes need to return to rooms where you have already been.
- For the story, and sometimes important notes, there are text plates distributed all over the area. Read those for hints and some intensifying atmosphere.
- Pay attention to your visa level. This mission may require 3 days or more to finish.
- Make sure you have no extra keystones in your inventory when you begin this adventure.
This chateau belonged to Basile Graaz, an archiologist and professor in Egyptian mythology. The mansion has been deserted for about 20 years now, after all members of the family mysteriously disappeared. No one has dared to enter this cursed mansion ever since. Rumours doesn't only speak of deaths and evil curses, but of a great secret that has yet to be found.
--- Secrecy ---
Please don't have a look at the map if you don't want to get spoiled. Of course I know everyone will do that anyway. I won't blame you... You little gnomes!
You can now find a non-tomb version here.
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price: Not Applicable
Title: Chateau du Graaz
Description: This chateau belonged to Basile Graaz, an archiologist and professor in Egyptian mythology. The mansion has been deserted for about 130 years now, after all people working for Basile mysteriously disappeared. No one has dared to enter this cursed building ever since. Rumours doesn't only speak of deaths and evil curses, but of a great secret that has yet to be found.
Chateau du Graaz_v2.rar
Size: 2.33 MB · Downloads: 15,706 · 4th Feb 2016
|2.33 MB||15,706||4th Feb 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
You don't need to give any credits if the walls only are a part of images in stories, movies etc.
If you would like to recolour any of my wall textures, ask me first.