PlayStation 3 Slim
Uploaded 15th Oct 2011 at 2:15 PM · Updated 19th Jan 2012 at 10:25 AM by blakegriplingph
The PlayStation 3 is the third home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment and the successor to the PlayStation 2 as part of the PlayStation series. Major features of the console include its own PlayStation Network service, Blu-Ray discs as its primary storage medium for games and other media, and the recently-released PlayStation Move peripheral.
I originally intended it not to be recolourable, but per MTS guidelines I had to make it as such. Only one channel, namely the console shell itself, can be recoloured, well, being that I haven't seen any striped or multicoloured PS3s yet.
Works with the latest TS3 builds; just copy the package files to your game's Mods\Packages directory. I'm yet to do the controllers, though.
UPDATE: Added patched package file for Pets and/or v1.26; anyone experiencing problems with the mod on Pets or the latest Sims 3 builds should update to the patched version.
UPDATE 2: Added Gamepad package. Note that the object is a shared asset like the cellphone, so it'll always appear regardless of what console are your Sims playing with.
My biggest thanks to the guys here at MTS for helping me along the way, to my pals at GTAForums, and to some of my mates from 667 Dark Avenue and American Girl Playthings.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||SonyPS3.package (inside playstation.rar)|
|File type||Video Games|
|Filename||SonyPS3.package (inside SonyPS3_petsfix.rar)|
|File type||Video Games|
|Filename||Dualshock.package (inside PS3_Dualshock_controller.rar)|
| DualShock 3 controller.
Size: 255.0 KB · Downloads: 39,376 · 19th Jan 2012
|255.0 KB||39,376||19th Jan 2012|
| Sony PS3 - patched package for TS3 Pets/v1.26 and later
Size: 746.0 KB · Downloads: 40,537 · 24th Oct 2011
|746.0 KB||40,537||24th Oct 2011|
| Sony PS3 - original version for 1.24 and earlier
Size: 1.65 MB · Downloads: 44,759 · 15th Oct 2011
|1.65 MB||44,759||15th Oct 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Not much to say, but I mod games as a hobby for more than three years and counting, and I'm also an occasional parodist and a pop culture critic. I first started modding back in my high school days, when I got myself a copy of the original Sims game, as well as a rather obscure Harley-Davidson racing game that used Targas for textures. I don't know how to make 3D models at that time, so I made do with some texture edits with billboards and various other assets.
It was in 2007 when I fell in love with the Grand Theft Auto series - the games were known for being highly customisable, so I decided to join in the scene and learn the ropes of GTA editing; this was when I made friends with several veteran modders. This also paved the way for some more modding adventures, which got me more into making mods for TS2 and eventually TS3.
Feel free to redistribute and/or modify my works, but please credit me whenever possible. You may post them at The Exchange, but I strongly advise that you upload them somewhere else.