Retro Realty - '70s Modern Family Home
Uploaded 12th Dec 2011 at 10:46 AM · Updated 12th Dec 2011 at 9:44 AM by missroxor
The finest Retro Realty has to offer, this little gem comes fully equipped with all the latest high tech gadgets the 1970s had to offer. Wooden panelling and wall-to-wall brown shaggy carpets are just some of the delights we have in store for you!
Open plan Living room/dining area/kitchen
Separate family/TV room
2 additional bedrooms with shared bathroom
1x Car Port
Since this house was built for a contest I used quite a few store items (no actual CC) but I hate to make people feel like they have to pay for something or they can’t use the house so I’ve divided the list into items that are required but can probably be replaced by in game objects or CC and objects that are just decor/space fillers that can be removed and/or replaced without ruining the playability of the lot.
Required for game play but can easily be replaced with in game objects:
Bauhaus Stupendous Door
Classic Credenza (Dresser)
Dual Comfort Double Bed
Rockin’ Stationary Roadcase (1-tile dresser)
Overly General Dining chair
Pump-less Waterwork Sink
Decor/space fillers (not essential to game play, just for prettiness):
Ultramodern End Table
The Big Cheese Coat Rack
Sweet Masses Chromodynamic Candy Dish
3-plant long planter from the Renault set
New Years Nectar – Champagne bottle
Terra – potted palm
Perfect Place Shelf
Palm light (+Fan)
Jazz Me Up Photo Series
Perpetual Long ceiling Lamp
Friendly Office Lamp
Tropical Leaves of Repose
Traveler's Choice Hat Box
Telephone from Gens Registration gift pack
Please note some of these items come from the Ultra Lounge set which EA have taken off sale (thanks) so if you don’t own them you will not be able to buy them but as I said above, there’s nothing really that can’t be replaced, will just take a little effort on your part
Testing showed the following:
1. One of the green chairs in the garden creates a route failure when you try to use it. The only cure was to pull it a few tiles out from the wall which I didn't want to do for aesthetics so it remains as decor only. The other two work perfectly fine.
2. Because of the shrubs along the back wall only one side of the hot tub is accessible but you can always scoot to the opposite seat so the hot tub is still useable.
Lot Size: 2x3
Lot Price: F93,216, U52,285
Made using Huge Lunatic's Stop Snapping to that wall mod
Thanks to Jaguwar and Baka for advice and tips on 70s style.
Thanks to Armiel and Lady Awesome for giving me advice/feedback in #create
Title: Retro Realty 1970s Family Home
Description: 3 Bed, 2 Bath with seperate living room and family room. 1 Car Port, swimming pool and hot-tub
|Fast Lane Stuff|
|Outdoor Living Stuff|
[email protected]_Retro Realty 1970s Family Home.zip
Size: 2.02 MB · Downloads: 2,904 · 12th Dec 2011
|2.02 MB||2,904||12th Dec 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!