Official MTS 2012 Photo Contest Calendar -2 Versions!-
Updated: 8th Jan 2013 at 7:45 PM
The MTS 2012 Calendar Contest was a big hit. We had a bunch of entrants and got a lot of great photos. The winners from each month were made into a 12 day calendar. In game you can choose which month to start at and every night around midnight the photo will roll over to the next. The calendar itself costs $100 and is in the decorative > wall hangings category.
This is all fine and dandy, but what if you have SSN and each season is 5 days long instead of 3? Well, I created a second calendar with the winners and 8 of our fine runner up images. You do not need to set this calendar at all, it will set itself. With the new update the calendar will stay correct all year long. The two calendars have separate GUIDs so you can have both calendars if you really want them.
There are now two versions of the 20 day calendar. The first one is just a simple calendar, but the new one has holidays included and it will notify you when today is a holiday. It is up to you whether you intend to observe these holidays, or if different sim families celebrate different ones. I've found in my game Winter's Eve and Day gets celebrated if there are kids in the house and if not, then the adults celebrate New Years Eve instead. Lover's Day has become a big wedding and engagement day, and the kids love Llama Fools Day. The holidays were created by doing some research on the TS3 holidays and then tweaking them, and adding in a few holidays that are already present in our games (with the Holiday Packs) and also a few things that many simmers share in common. MTS celebrates Great Ideas Day on April 1st, and every simmer whose played a Legacy or most other challenge knows you need a Founder to get started. How you play with these new days is up to you, and you can of course let some holidays go by unnoticed, like Arbor Day, does anyone even know what month that is in? Anyways, enjoy the update!
|Spring 2nd||Lover's Day||Today is Lover's Day! Love is in the air; make sure your sweetheart knows how much you care!|
|Spring 4th||Llama Fools Day||Today is Llama Fools Day! Pranks on llamas and pranks by llamas; don't fall for them or you'll be the butt of the joke!|
|Summer 3rd||Nation's Day||Today is Nation's Day! Today is a great day for getting outdoors having a grill-out and watching fireworks.|
|Fall 1st||Founders Day||Today is Founders Day! Appreciating grandparents and remembering ancestors; today is a day to be thankful.|
|Fall 4th||Spooky Day||Today is Spooky Day! Ghosts and zombies witches and vampires - are they real or just the kids next door?|
|Winter 3rd||Winter's Eve||Today is Winter's Eve! Make sure you have a tree and some cookies if you want Santa to come tonight!|
|Winter 4th||Winter's Day||Today is Winter's Day! Gift giving and spending time with family is what this day is about.|
|Winter 5th||New Year's Eve||Today is New Year's Eve! The best New Years' parties start at 8 so don't be late!|
These filler images were chosen by grouping months by seasons and looking at the highest non-winning scores. Anyone who had already won a spot on the calendar was skipped over to let others have a shot. The full 12 and 20 photos are on a collage attached at the bottom of this post. The winners names' are included in the catalog description of each calendar.
The calendar is not recolorable, Echo and I weren't able to make the recolors stick, but if anyone out there is a wiz at multi-state objects, like counters, ovens, and lights, PM me and maybe we'll get that feature working.
P.S. Congrats to our winners!
Both calendars have 16 faces, super low poly to make up for the slightly larger texture files.
Heaven for hosting the contest, and the judges.
Neder for the day changing code.
Paladin's Palace for the season changing debug code.
Inge for creating the page flipping code on the original calendar.
Black Spirit for the day of the week code.
Lee for letting me know I needed to start over when I broke stuff.
and Echo for helping me fix everything when the sky falls.
Our calendar photographers are (our winners) armiel, peedieprinces, wlionrjl, Liv, beeps, MAB-2000, wgroome, Nightlight, vhanster, Irashik, maybesomethingdunno, Miuki, and (runner ups) harlequin_eyes, ShadowMystery, Selly_2009, QBuilderz, lunajumper44, leesester, amylet, and hogwartsjedi.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Requires SSN
Size: 2.16 MB · Downloads: 1,951 · 1st Jan 2013
|2.16 MB||1,951||1st Jan 2013|
| Requires SSN
Size: 2.17 MB · Downloads: 3,520 · 16th Jan 2012
|2.17 MB||3,520||16th Jan 2012|
Size: 1.36 MB · Downloads: 2,723 · 16th Jan 2012
|1.36 MB||2,723||16th Jan 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)