Genuine 50's Florida Alligator Bookshelf
Uploaded 12th Jul 2012 at 3:30 PM · Updated 19th Sep 2012 at 6:51 PM by kithri
The Genuine 50's Florida Alligator Bookshelf is a real bookshelf with Sim animation and full and empty states (technically termed “geostates”).
It will behave just like a regular bookshelf, and will appear empty when your Sim has removed most of the books. But wait, there’s more!
It is also a fully-functioning storage shelf! It has 14 slots that will hold small clutter/deco items. A few of the tall items in game that are classified as small might cause problems if they poke into the next shelf. If your Sim stamps a foot and complains, remove the item and put a smaller one in its place. Appropriate clutter items include gems, small rocks, small flower pots and plants, and small toys.
Because it was made with real Formica™ and not that expensive wood stuff, it’s cheap! And very small, with a 1-tile footprint, so it can go into the tiniest of apartments…Don’t lean too hard on it, though…
No expansion or stuff packs are needed. The Genuine 50's Florida Alligator Bookshelf was play tested on a fully-patched base game and on a game full of expansions and stuff packs. Tested with patch 1.36 and 1.33, and possibly works with other patch levels.
There are three variations:
1. Let’s Go to the Hop
2. It’s My Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To
3. Twilight Time
You can find all the variations of the Genuine 50's Florida Alligator Bookshelf in the Function -> Storage -> Bookshelves and in the Room -> Study -> Bookshelves sections of the Buy Catalog.
Cost: 75 Simoleans
Books: Comes with only the basics, + Handiness, +Logic, +Cooking, and a few odd pieces of fiction. What do you expect for 75 Simoleans?
Tools used: Maya, Blender, Milkshape, TSRW, S3PE, UV Mapper, Sims 3 Pack MultiInstaller, Photoshop 6.0, a hammer, some nails, and The Gimp
Custom Content: All the lovely plants and the pretty geode are from Lisen801 (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478758) Cmomoney (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396081) and Purplepaws (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388231) here at MTS. The cut glass vase is by me and not yet available
Caution: Known to cause an irresistible urge to wear a poodle skirt. Use at your own risk.
HighLOD Poly: 866
HighLOD Vert: 1195
MedLOD Poly: 352
MedLOD Vert: 692
Thanks to: Delphy, Inge & Peter Jones, Cmomoney for Blender plugins, Wes Howe for MS plugins, Armiel for Builder’s Island, Twallan for Master Controller, SIMu8rReviews for his tutorial on geostates. Thanks also to Morphead, Bloomsbase, Cmomoney, and MarcusSims91 for input re: slots.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Made of genuine faux florida alligators! My, what big teeth it has. . . . Genuine faux gator bits supplemented with real formica and garage-sale library books! By kithri at mts
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| Genuine 50's Florida Alligator Bookshelf new mesh
Size: 831.3 KB · Downloads: 7,653 · 12th Jul 2012
|831.3 KB||7,653||12th Jul 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Visit my site @ http://www.kithri.jimdo.com/ for more stuff not available here at MTS!
Sims 2 Meshes--May be recolored, please give credit, no permission needed. Do not bundle mesh with recolors, link to mesh here at MTS. Meshes may not be altered without permission.
Sims 3 Meshes--Meshes may not be altered without permission. May use in uploads, but never to pay sites or to the Exchange; do not bundle with upload, link to mesh here at MTS. And please give me credit. :)
Patterns--Do not upload to pay sites or to the Exchange; otherwise, you may use in other uploads. Okay to bundle them into your package, no permission need. Just credit me, please.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for legal information.