Medieval Male Doublets CAS - Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding
Updated: 16th Jan 2013 at 3:17 AM
Made by Kiara24 for The Merrye Makers
Revised by monca533 for The Merrye Makers
Greetings, good gentles/ladies. We are The Merrye Makers - a group of twelve creators spanning all disciplines (clothing, lots, objects, etc.) offering for thy downloading pleasure a collection of medieval things most beauteous from Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding -- otherwise known as "Simdom Pudding".
In Simdom Pudding, the doublet was generally accepted male fashion. At first it was designed to be worn as an undergarment or to help stay warm during the winter months, but it soon became the main men’s upper body wear. Most men in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding wore very simple doublets for everyday wear. The King and noblemen wore much fancier doublets for formal occasions like parties and ceremonies. Tailors created clothing for the wealthy in Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding, but most of the population made their clothing themselves so that they would never be nude. Colors were plain. They were shades of gray, brown, dark blue, and red - except for King Crumplebottom who wore golden crowns and brightly colored silks.
Medieval Doublet (Tops) Conversions by Kiara24 (3 Designs); Revised by monca533
Design 1 - Button Closure
Design 2 - Frog (button & loop) Closure
Design 3 - Lace (criss-cross) Closure
Medieval Male Doublets for Teens
Medieval Male Doublets for Young Adults/Adults
Medieval Male Doublets for Elders
Model sims are wearing pants from a forthcoming Merrye Makers upload and Merrye Makers' medieval male shoes from here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/490210.
Download each doublet individually or grouped for Teens, Adults, and Elders.
Game: Base game
Age: Teen to Elder
Categories: Everyday and Formal
Channels: 2 designs with 2 channels (doublet and belt) and 1 with 3 channels (doublet, belt, and frog closures/button & loop)
Credits: A special thanks to Aligeth the creator of the original Doublets
Teens - 2810
Young Adults / Adults - 3090
Elders - 3090
Prithee, The Merrye Makers thank all who support and download our dutiful efforts.
Grammarcy, good MTS staff - especially Leesester - for their assistance with our project.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Medieval Male Doublets for Elders_All.rar
Size: 4.69 MB · Downloads: 12,788 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.69 MB||12,788||16th Jan 2013|
Medieval Male Doublets for Adults_All.rar
Size: 4.44 MB · Downloads: 15,586 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.44 MB||15,586||16th Jan 2013|
Medieval Male Doublets for Teens_All.rar
Size: 4.16 MB · Downloads: 13,964 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.16 MB||13,964||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.37 MB · Downloads: 2,541 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.37 MB||2,541||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.47 MB · Downloads: 2,494 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.47 MB||2,494||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.41 MB · Downloads: 2,681 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.41 MB||2,681||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.91 MB · Downloads: 3,106 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.91 MB||3,106||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 5.76 MB · Downloads: 3,035 · 16th Jan 2013
|5.76 MB||3,035||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 6.66 MB · Downloads: 3,224 · 16th Jan 2013
|6.66 MB||3,224||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.39 MB · Downloads: 2,994 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.39 MB||2,994||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 3.89 MB · Downloads: 3,056 · 16th Jan 2013
|3.89 MB||3,056||16th Jan 2013|
Size: 4.46 MB · Downloads: 3,551 · 16th Jan 2013
|4.46 MB||3,551||16th Jan 2013|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The Merrye Makers
This has been a big undertaking for everyone involved, our skills range from featured creators to never having uploaded anything before. Everyone has enjoyed watching the project grow, meeting new people and learning new skills.
The Merrye Makers would like to thank a number of people for getting us here. First off is the staff of MTS. The staff were so supportive of us and it's definitely no easy matter to get 100+ things approved! There are also numerous other people who were going to participate but, for various reasons, were not able to upload with us. We would like to thank Rylandholmes, Whiterider, dramamine213, hudy777DeSign, Freshprince and Kitty Paine for their feedback and support. Thank you to SimmyRN for providing the narratives found in italitics throughout the posts. Thank you to jje1000 for the medieval world in the pictures, Praaven. Find out more about Praaven here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=praaven.