"Ruffle Truffle" - Layered Mini-Dress for Females (Teen to Adult)
Once again I thought I've started a simple and quick project, which later turned out to be complicated and time consuming, lol This dress took a lot of my nerves and I had some strong doubts about sharing it (read the warning below), but here it is now. This mesh is different from EA dresses, since it has body meshed underneath. Yeah, now you can peek under girl's skirts However, you won't find anything there, just a pair of modest panties.
Please read this before downloading!
Because the Sims 3 doesn't have any physics for clothing and hair to imitate gravitation, all meshes are "glued" to the body, not matter what movement your Sims is doing (for example, hair won't fall down when your Sim is standing on his head). This dress is no exception, it won't animate properly when your Sims are sitting!
It's very puffy, so it will float above the knees and sink into the chair/sofa once your Sim will sit down. In general, ALL puffy dresses withing the game (both CC and EA) do that, it's just more noticeable on this dress because of the great volume the skirt has and how the butt is meshed underneath. You can see the comparison picture here.
Layered meshes don't animate well in game, so don't expect it to look good in extreme poses. The animations should be perfectly enough for walking/running/standing and simple gameplay (unless you can't live with how it looks when sitting).
- Dress can be found in CAS/Outfits for females, teens, young adult and adult.
- Can be used in Everyday, Formal and Career clothing categories (looks good on Showtime performers).
- 4 recolorable channels: top, skirt, belt, bow.
- Morphs states and breast slider capable.
- Teens have a different mesh than adults to fit their thinner and smaller bodies.
- All styles shown are included.
- Custom thumbnails included.
Do not upload to other sites!
Thanks and comments are welcome!
- Skins Mallow / Ephemera / LadyFrontBum / Peggyzone
- Makeup by Daluved1 / Me / Emmzx / Emmzx
- Hair by Eternila (Newsea) /Anubis (Peggyzone) / Anubis (Peggyzone) / Metalmoose (Newsea) / Peggyzone (Free) / Anubis (Peggyzone)
- Shoes by Me (V2) / The Store / Anubis
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| Teen Version
Size: 1.41 MB · Downloads: 118,740 · 6th Dec 2012
|1.41 MB||118,740||6th Dec 2012|
| Young Adult & Adult Version
Size: 1.43 MB · Downloads: 141,752 · 6th Dec 2012
|1.43 MB||141,752||6th Dec 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: