TS2>TS3 "Anti-Quaint-Ed" Ltd. Ed. Armoire Conversion
Uploaded 18th Apr 2013 at 9:03 PM · Updated 18th Apr 2013 at 10:02 PM by Menaceman44
Any players of TS2 will note that the mesh is not an exact replica. This is because I have had to lower the handles and decorative wood section in order for Sims to actually look as though they are using them.
Price || 250
Room Sort || Bedroom > Dressers
Function Sort || Storage > Dressers
Presets || 4
Channels || 2*
*The Second preset actually has 3 channels as it is the only one where the handles can be recoloured. The other presets use a stencil. See below.
The wardrobe even features the original TS2 catalogue description and has been translated into all languages provided with the original.
The writing's off the wall and onto the armoire, and it says, "Anti-Quaint-Ed!" Yes, the makers of this limited edition armoire are making 'quaint' antiquated by making quaint cool. Quaint is the new black. (Hurry while supplies last; actual production number will vary; 'cool' is in no way a promise of performance or ambient temperature; all rights reserved.)
- The mapping is not perfect and I have done my best to fix it. Horizontal patterns become quite distorted across the door frames but the issue is not visible when vertical patterns are used. Any pattern works well on the door panels.
- The clothing inside the wardrobe is not animated. When all of the clothing was rigged it had an annoying tendency to stick out of the wardrobe sides at odd angles and gave the coathangers the appearance of them being broken.
- Sims' feet sink into the wardrobe base when entering and exiting from woohoo. This is because the doors are not as low as either of the Supernatural originals from which it was cloned. There is a picture in the attachements to illustrate.
Built with game version 1.50
With all that being said I hope that you and your Sims find this conversion useful and pleasing to look at.
If you do like it then please give the Thanks button a press.
High = 3154
Medium = 2089
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: No description
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 2.58 MB · Downloads: 4,767 · 18th Apr 2013
|2.58 MB||4,767||18th Apr 2013|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
I also have a Patreon page if you would like to make your support ongoing.
Please do not comment on my downloads asking if they need updating for new patches. By all means. please DO post if you have tried them in your game and find them to be broken. Make sure to include details of what is wrong though. Just telling me something needs updating is not helpful.
Comments are always welcome, good or bad. Although I prefer the good ones, heheh!
As I have now moved over to playing TS4, my TS3 and TS2 creations should be considered mostly unsupported.
Please see the Policy tab above if you are wanting to use any of my creations.