Hello Sweetie--Fairy Hair Deflowered, for toddlers through elders
Then I got into the game, and realized that not only was the hair not available for children, but it had flowers plastered in it! And you couldn't take them off! ... which is great for a fairy and completely unusable for the other, oh, 99.9% percent of the Sims I play with. So I said, "Someone oughtta do something about this!" And after waiting for someone to do something about it, I realized that maybe I should do something about it. So after I stopped whining and looked at some hair meshing tutorials, which was probably my second mistake, I started this project. And scrapped it. And started again. And scrapped. And whined. And started again. And after a whole lot of head-desking and frustration, I was finally able to do something about it!
As I have explained before, I'm no texture artist, and since this was my first hair project for Sims ... ever, I pretty much made progress by doing things wrongly. I was, however, able to learn enough to change the original texture of the hair slightly so that it is more "solid" and less wispy, as well as making the tips more visible all over the mesh. The hair will look very shiny, almost plastic, in CAS; it will look fine in-game.
The most substantial change was making this style available for children and toddlers. I made a special effort to be sure that the hair bones were properly set for your little ones, so you won't have to deal with "seesaw" hair or a pointy, stabby mesh. The front tendrils "hang" a little on a crawling toddler, for a bit of realism. I have noticed a bit of clipping in the back due to the three-layered ends, but it's minimal, and not a continuous issue.
This hair is cloned from base game hair, so you do not need the Supernatural EP to use it. You will need to be patched to least patch no. 1.55.
Hair is valid for maternity, townies, career, martial arts, and nude sims.
Very High Level of Detail (LOD0): 2929
Age Conversions: Age Conversions of Maxis Hair
Tags: #hair, #long hair, #fairy hair, #flowerless fairy hair, #toddler hair, #long toddler hair, #child hair, #long child hair, #teen hair, #long teen hair, #elder hair, #long elder hair, #blunt cut, #blunt cut hair, #bangs, #blunt bangs
Categories & CAS info:
* The following information shares where the CASpart/bodyshop part can be found
Hello Sweetie -- all ages.rar
| Female long hair with blunt bangs. For toddler through elder.
Size: 2.27 MB · Downloads: 4,952 · 29th Sep 2013
|2.27 MB||4,952||29th Sep 2013|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: