MerBabies! In Lots of Colors
Updated: 26th May 2014 at 6:46 PM - Clarification
But then Chris Hatch discovered how to make non-defaulted baby clothes. And I saw the opportunity to get a bit of variety into my MerBabies looks. So I took the colors that Marvine and BeosBoxBoy originally made for their MerToddlers and put them on to the MerBaby mesh (after I remapped it to work better with the layout of the recolors). And because I like them so much, I also took Marie_Fay's toddler recolors from her Little Mermaid post and did the same.
So I offer you both of these, in Vanilla and Chocolate options, with the choice of Sprinkles!
- Just Vanilla is just the recolors, with no modifications.
- Vanilla with sprinkles has the files townified, which means they WILL spawn on newly born babies. Useful if you have an all MerSim Hood (Labeled as "Townified")
- Chocolate is for those of you who use thetigerking83's Bodyshape Organization Kit. These files are edited to make use of this organization. (Labeled as "BSOK")
- And Chocolate with sprinkles are BSOK files that are townified. (Labeled "BSOK_Townified")
You can mix and match this around as much as you want, as long as you only have one flavor per color. And sprinkles technically count as a flavor. I have no idea how the BSOK files will react in a game that does not have that "mod" but I do not suggest it. But if you only want two or three of the tails to be townified, just drop those two or three with the townified option and the rest without. All Files contain the mesh. All files are named with the original creator's original colors
These tails will in no way replace your default infant mesh. They function just the same as clothing for any other age. The mod described below simply enables you to buy and plan outfits for infant sims just like any other age, a behavior that has been coded into the game since the basegame, but never enabled until now.
To choose your MerBaby's tail, you need to use Chris Hatch's mod, which is attached, since he allows it, and the original is on an adult site. Below is copied the portion of his post that details how to use the mod
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
A recent request by Gwenke brought to my attention that buying new outfits for babies hasn't been enabled.
When the buy outfit dialogue opens it opens in the age category of the sim doing the buying, if the sim is a baby then in opens in baby age. So to buy new baby outfits you must first have some to buy, then get baby to do the buying.
The option to buy a new outfit for baby on the 'Girl's Fuzzy Bear' (CJH_BuyBabyOutfitTeddy.zip) will push buying a new outfit onto a baby's interaction que, if baby is in a cot or being held by another sim then the baby is busy and will not be able to buy. If baby is in a cot choose to buy a new outfit then pick the baby up, that will free the baby's que to buy a new outfit. If Apartment Life or higher is installed then cots can be recognised by category so if baby is in a (default) cot picking the baby up out of the cot is automatic. When the buy outfit dialogue opens it will be blank, just change the gender selection and any available outfits will show, (remember to change the gender back again). I set the price of baby outfits at $25.
The buy outfit dialogue will appear to be in adult outfits but it is in baby 'mode' or adult outfits would show.
Toggle the gender selection to get the baby outfits to show.
The teddy bear is cloned from A&N's 'girl's teddy' so boys can't play with or carry it but it can be placed on shelves and coffee tables. It contains no game overrides because buying baby outfits is already in your game.
The Bodyshape Organization Kit, for those of you who are wondering, is a way to organize the different bodyshapes that have been made. It categorizes them together, useful for keeping your MerTails separate from your land-loving sims's clothes. It too is on an adult site, but is hosted off site by Miros1, here.
My Sims are wearing:
Mertails by Marvine/BeosBoxBoy and by Marie_Fay
Hair by XMSims
Skintones by Marvine/BeosBoxBoy (available from Mermaid archive)
Astiee's Sparkling Flesh Skintone in Blue
Default Replacement eyes that came with Chris Hatch's Unofficial Expansion Pack (Can't link because it's an adult site; and I don't know which ones he used)
MerBaby Mesh Poly Count: 1092 F/ 979 V
Marvine, BeosBoxBoy, and Marie_Fay. They did all the original work. I just edited the mesh and did a few small texture edits
Chris Hatch for enabling non default baby clothing
The makers of SimPE, it got used a lot in this project
thetigerking83 for the Bodyshape Organization Kit. My sim's now have more organized closets than I do.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Size: 135.7 KB · Downloads: 1,851 · 10th May 2014
|135.7 KB||1,851||10th May 2014|
Size: 494.0 KB · Downloads: 1,531 · 10th May 2014
|494.0 KB||1,531||10th May 2014|
Size: 494.1 KB · Downloads: 1,474 · 10th May 2014
|494.1 KB||1,474||10th May 2014|
Size: 494.0 KB · Downloads: 1,456 · 10th May 2014
|494.0 KB||1,456||10th May 2014|
Size: 494.8 KB · Downloads: 1,684 · 10th May 2014
|494.8 KB||1,684||10th May 2014|
Size: 553.4 KB · Downloads: 1,534 · 10th May 2014
|553.4 KB||1,534||10th May 2014|
Size: 553.5 KB · Downloads: 1,549 · 10th May 2014
|553.5 KB||1,549||10th May 2014|
Size: 553.4 KB · Downloads: 1,657 · 10th May 2014
|553.4 KB||1,657||10th May 2014|
Size: 553.9 KB · Downloads: 2,469 · 10th May 2014
|553.9 KB||2,469||10th May 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I make things mostly b/c I want them in my game and can't find them elsewhere. So far I know how to make objects, clothing and accessories. I cannot and have no plans as of yet to learn how to make hair or any other Bodyshop content. Mods are also currently beyond my scope of comprehension, but I'm working on them.
I will take requests, but whether or not I choose to fulfill them depends on how easy it would be to make the item (ie. is it knowledge I already have?) or how much I'm willing to learn to make it. Mind you I'm willing to learn a lot. So don't be afraid to send me a PM requesting something.
My policy: You can use any of my meshes or textures anyway you want, but if you base something off of them, or use them in another project, please credit me and provide a link to my MTS profile if possible. Also any part of my work or anything based off of it MUST remain free. This includes putting it in a free section of a pay site. If someone has to pay to get something off that site, I don't want my work there. I'm not making money off this stuff, neither should you.