Bleake Islands - A Bleak Place Indeed!
Updated: 12th Jan 2020 at 9:39 PM
Bleake Islands requires all expansion packs up to and including Into the Future (World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, and Into the Future). It may work without some expansion packs but could look different. Pets, Late Night, Island Paradise, and Into the Future are absolutely required for rabbitholes, bars, apartments, and the islands' run down "sci-fi" theme. Bleake Islands is NOT populated.
An original grayscale map of southwest Missouri / southeast Kansas - converted into "islands" - was used to construct the world. Sims can boat around the main island and between islands. The moon rises over the beach.
Bleake Islands is set as a town so will spawn raccoon, pets, and horses. (I just pretend the horses are moose!) Players who have a "no horse spawning" mod can just remove the water trough/feeder at the beach. Since there is no designated "fishing spot" on Bleake Islands, the unicorn does not spawn. However, there are lots of places to fish!
There are two versions of Bleake Islands - one with the "Dry Dock Diner" lot featuring the Hogan's Deep Sea Diner Rabbithole; the other with a Resort Rabbithole lot (the "Hidden Cove Motel/Resort") replacing the Dry Dock Diner lot. This is so players who do not have the Hogan's Deep Sea Diner Rabbithole will not have to rebuild a deck lot. (Deck lots don't seem to work to replace a lot when saved to the bin.) The world with the "Dry Dock Diner" lot is called "Bleake Islands". The world with the "Hidden Cove Motel/Resort" lot is called "Bleake Islands - Resort". Otherwise, the worlds are exactly the same. Although you can download both worlds into the Sims 3, only one world can be installed in the game at a time.
There is NO CC on Bleake Islands. (Checked with CUSTARD.)
From the Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure,
- Spyglass window
- Yo Ho, Blow the Door Down door
- Wharf fence
- Hogan's Deep Sea Diner (Not used in Bleake Islands - Resort)
- Grog Barrel deco
- Shop Sign deco
From Bucaneer's Bounty,
- Clamtastic flower deco. (Free when downloaded. Also part of Barnacle Bay which is currently $20.00.)
From Roaring Heights,
- Classically Cool Fixer-upper Car. (500 Simpoints; Currently not available for individual sale.)
- Landing strip
From Lunar Lakes Rocks, Creviced Crystal deco rock. (Free.)
From Monte Vista,
- Warning Sign
- Old World Barrels
From Island Paradise Limited Edition Island Survival Pack,
- Converted Bookshelf (Island Paradise download $19.99)
- No fishing! sign deco
- Leftovers Tree Stump deco
- Rock of Ancients
From More Holiday Presents,
- Holiday Tree. (Free when downloaded.)
From Gifts for the Holidays,
- Decorative Presents
Built with patch 1.67.
Map Size: Bleake Islands is a Medium world (1024 x 1024) with a small land mass.
Layering: There are 6 layers - Lots, Objects, Spawners, Effects, Trees & Plants, Houseboats & Ports. The Global layer was "cleaned" twice so it contains a minimum number of items.
Textures: 8 in-game textures were used total. Therefore, there are no more than 8 textures per "chunk" anywhere on Bleake Islands.
Routing Info: Sims cannot route up or down steep sides of mountains with the exception of paths/sidewalks which take them to specific lots. The camera can go anywhere on Bleake Islands. There are no "hidden" spots.
Spawn Points: Fishing, gem, Vampire's Eyes, metal, large bird, butterfly, rodent, base game seeds (around greenhouse), crystal plants, sea life, sea sludge, sewer trilobite, shark, seashell and bottle, dig site - wasteland, Pill Bug, Honeypot Ant, and nanite spawners are placed in logical places. Although there is no designated "Fishing Spot" on Bleake Islands, there are a number of places to fish.
Effects: Waterfalls, flying geese, river rapids, and fog emitter effects are placed on Bleake Islands.
Lots: Bleake Island has a total of 45 lots - 25 community, 3 dive, 13 residential (4 residential lots are houseboats), and 4 houseboat ports. There are three empty 10x10 lots for which alternate lots are available (see Comments). All lots are original and built by SimmyRN.
- 25x15 Community Center & Fire Dept. (Fire Station) - See Comment.
- 35x20 Shore Lunch Beach (Beach) - See Comment.
- 15x15 Bleake Productions (Live Show) - an open air Showtime live performance venue. (Spawns Proprietor.)
- 15x20 All Sims' Chapel (Graveyard) - See Comment.
- 25x25 Marketplace & Diner (Small Market) with Sam's Market Diner Rabbithole and "swap shop". The "swap shop" has nectar racks and Nectary, hobby/Roentgen, and Consignment registers. (Each register spawns a cashier.)
- 10x10 Community Greenhouse with LLAMA (No Visitors Allowed) - See Comment.
- 12x10 Daily Grind (Coffeehouse) - See Comment.
- 6x8 Shoreline Park (Small Park) - grill, picnic table, fire pit, and vending machine.
- 6x6 Bleake Islands Founder Statute (Art Gallery) - honoring Thisis Bleake.
- 15x10 Hot Stuff! (Salon) - The hottest place in a cold, cold town! Has Styling and Tattoo stations as well as a hot tub.
- 45x25 Bleake Education Center (No Visitors Allowed) with School and Vault of Antiquity Rabbitholes and playground.
- 15x15 The Eagle's Nest (Local Watering Hole) - professional bar, foosball and dominos tables, and telescopes. (Spawns bartender.) There's also some "unusual" debris the locals have kept hidden from the outsiders. Some say this debris calls strange visitors to the islands at night.
- 30x25 Oceanside Square (Festival Grounds) - seasonal activities, Magic Jelly Bean bushes, The Claaaw, photo booth, face painting booth, vending machine, Public Sounds Stereo, toy chest, toddler toys, play area with spring riders, and restaurant/bar with food register. (Spawns bartender and cashier.) Upstairs the restaurant has arcade machines and a pool table.
- 30x34 Boardwalk (No Visitors Allowed) with Hueber Associates & Kim Gould's Steakhouse Rabbithole, LLAMA, and dumpsters and junk piles in back.
- 30x30 Bleake Cinema (No Visitors Allowed) with Blue Sky Movie Theater Rabbithole.
- 16x12 The Pirate's Den (No Visitors Allowed) with Smuggler's Lair Criminal Warehouse Rabbithole. Hidden in the side of a mountain by the shore, smuggling and piracy are still sources of income for the islanders.
- 60x60 The Green Parrot (Dive Bar) - on dock; it's the kind of place where the band is behind chain link fence for their protection. Has professional bar and dart boards. (Spawns bartender.)
- 30x50 SIMSA Astral Research Center (No Visitors Allowed) with Hospital and Science Lab Rabbithole as well as LLAMA.
- 16x10 Employee Park (Large Park) - grill, snow cone machine, soccer goal, and All-in-One bathrooms.
- 10x10 Helipad Hangout (Hangout) - looks like a helipad but it's actually a dance floor!
- 9x13 Archaeological Excavation (No Visitors Allowed) - what could the miners have discovered there that caused all the excitement? Has Reventlov's Bot Workshop.
- 4x8 Staircase community lot takes workers and visitors to the Research Center, Employee Park, and Helipad Hangout. It's also used by those sneaking into the excavation site!
- 25x30 Dry Dock Diner (No Visitors Allowed) - on dock with Store Hogan's Deep Sea Diner Rabbithole, outdoor dining area, and LLAMA. Not included in the "Bleake Islands - Resort" version.
- 25x30 Hidden Cove Motel/Resort (Resort) - on dock with Resort Rabbithole, two bungalows, buffet, food stand, professional and juice bars, gym equipment, chess tables, and LLAMA. Not included in the "Bleake Islands" version.
- 30x50 Bleake Books & Spa (No Visitors Allowed) - on dock with Mind Body Connection bookstore and spa and Gypsy Wagon Rabbitholes.
- 25x35 Bleake Public services Office (No Visitors Allowed) with City Hall Rabbithole.
- 40x40 SIMSA Dive Lot
- 40x40 Beachside Dive Lot
- 40x40 Crash Site Dive Lot
- 20x20 Bleake Apartments - See Comment.
- 14x14 Old Sailor's Shanty - 1 bedroom, 1 bath home with wraparound porch and private deck off the bedroom.
- 15x20 A Bleake Boarding House - See Comment.
- 20x20 Converted Garage - See Comment.
- 10x10 Seafoam Cottage - 2 bedroom, 1 bath home. Master bedroom upstairs has crib.
- 15x25 The Hide-Away - See Comment.
- 3 10x10 empty lots. (May be changed to Community Lots. Alternate lots available. See Comments.)
- 10x14 Bleake Islands Houseboat 1 (Bunk Houseboat) - See Comment.
- 60x60 Bleake Islands Houseboat Port 1 - Houseboat dock with benches and LLAMA.
- 10x14 Bleake Islands Houseboat 2 - Fishable; 1 bedroom, - bath with separate shower, desk and computer.
- 35x35 Bleake Islands Houseboat Port 2 - Houseboat dock with table & chairs, benches, and LLAMA.
- 8x16 Bleake Islands Houseboat 3 - Fishable; Studio with crib and full bath. Has stereo and easel. Ideal for artists and athletic sims!
- 25x35 Bleake Islands Houseboat Port 3 - Houseboat dock with lounge chairs and LLAMA.
- 8x16 Bleake Islands Houseboat 4 - Fishable; Upstairs bedroom with double bed. Has full bath and breakfast bar.
- 30x35 Bleake Islands Houseboat Port 4 - Houseboat dock with table & chairs, Aqualoungers, fire pit, and LLAMA.
- Public Sounds Stereo speakers on community lots default to classical music and must be reset by the player. (This is an EA issue and not a problem with the world.)
- The Gnubb set must be placed in-game in order for the "rigging" to work correctly. Shore Lunch Beach is marked with terrain paint so it's easy to tell where the set is supposed to go. (This is an EA issue and not a problem with the world.)
- Boats traveling around the islands "jump" as they cross the edges of dive lots. (This is an issue with all custom dive lots and not a problem with the world.)
- Swimmers sometimes momentarily swim above the water at the edges of dive lots.
- Caves on dive lots sometimes "boot" divers to the shore. If this occurs, it is recommended to wait until the tentacles are visible at the cave before entering, not point the in game viewer directly at the cave as the sim enters, and/or to "reset" or delete/undo the cave. See link "Sim Resets When Exploring An Underwater Cave" for more information. (This is an issue with all dive lots and not a problem with the world.)
- Swimmers rarely get "stuck" on a dive lot and must be reset using the "resetsim sim name" cheat. (It is unknown why this happens and I know of no other way to fix the issue.)
Making high resolution world maps tutorial.
How to create a world using real-world height data tutorial.
Creating Dive Lots.
Guide to Houseboats in game & in CAW.
simsample's tutorial Cleaning the Global Layer.
MTS modders for CAW Resources.
MTS members for test playing and feedback for Bleake Islands.
HugeLunatic for "cleaning up" and submitting my Creator Feedback thread for upload so that I didn't have to "re-do" everything!
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Title: Tudor Apartment 4 br 2 ba
Description: 10x10 apartment lot with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Master suite with double bed, 2 single bedrooms, and nursery. Two NPC apartments. Made by SimmyRN.
Title: A Bleak Future 3 br 1 bath
Description: 10x10 lot with 2 story house. Has 1 bedroom with double bed, 2 single bedrooms, and 1 bathroom. Downstairs bedroom could be converted into a nursery, study, bathroom, or laundry. No CC or Store Items. Made by SimmyRN.
Title: Bleake Elixirs
Description: Colorful but shabby Elixir Consignment Store on 10x10 lot. Half bath downstairs. Upstairs has storage and office. No CC. Made by SimmyRN.
Title: Bleake Islands Arboretum
Description: Arboretum on 10x10 decorated lot. Made for Bleake Islands by SimmyRN.
|Into the Future|
Bleake Islands Arboretum.zip
Size: 820.2 KB · Downloads: 6,265 · 27th Oct 2014
|820.2 KB||6,265||27th Oct 2014|
Size: 1.62 MB · Downloads: 6,156 · 27th Oct 2014
|1.62 MB||6,156||27th Oct 2014|
A Bleak Future 3 br 1 bath.zip
Size: 2.34 MB · Downloads: 6,164 · 27th Oct 2014
|2.34 MB||6,164||27th Oct 2014|
Tudor Apartment 4 br 2 ba.zip
Size: 2.94 MB · Downloads: 6,286 · 27th Oct 2014
|2.94 MB||6,286||27th Oct 2014|
Bleake Islands - Resort.zip
Size: 20.58 MB · Downloads: 6,674 · 27th Oct 2014
|20.58 MB||6,674||27th Oct 2014|
Size: 20.53 MB · Downloads: 10,036 · 27th Oct 2014
|20.53 MB||10,036||27th Oct 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: