Your Wish is Granted - A SHORT CHAIN FENCE!
Updated: 9th Apr 2015 at 7:38 PM - added issue
Sure there are gabrillions of awesome perfect custom fences, but nothing that matched the Epiphany Fence.
During my travels on the intarwebs, I discovered that, by golly, I'm not the only one searching for said fence match!
So while I was sitting here farting around with TSRW and MS3D, making expensive things cheaper, and leveling off the speakers on that stereo, I thought, why the heck not give it a shot!
It's not the first edit I have ever made, but it's certainly the one I am most proud of, so I figured I'd share it with y'all good folks here on MTS. There is only ONE channel, just like the original base game fence, and the same recolor is included. While I was at it, I also made the single tile and double tile matching fence gates.
I give you......... The Shorter Epiphany Fence.
When it snows, the snow gathers along the top of the tall fence, I guess because I used the tall fence as base. I don't know how to fix this yet, if I figure it out, I will update, but for now, it's not a big deal.
Fence price in-game: 1
Gates are also each 1
The polys are no different from the original fence.
Base Fence & post
TSRW Milkshape 3D
Everyone here who has contributed to the tutorials, and those of you who've asked questions that I also needed answers to, and also those who've answered. Y'all are awesome!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Short epiphany fence gate double by sim rivers
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
SimRivers Shorter EpiphanyFencing.rar
Size: 69.2 KB · Downloads: 13,869 · 29th Mar 2015
|69.2 KB||13,869||29th Mar 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: