Buyable Bookshelf of Education
Updated: 24th Jun 2015 at 1:15 AM
Thanks to dharden for bring to my attention, the Pie Menu says "Discuss" instead of "Read to" in the Free Time version of this bookcase, as far as I can tell it make no difference to the working of the bookcase, it also appears in the Maxis Novellas Nouveau Bookcase which these ones are cloned from.
This is a replica of the Education Career Rewards Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education (introduced into the game with Seasons), with the gold book on top removed, it is a buyable bookcase and works just like a normal bookcase. Oops! nearly forgot to mention, I also fixed the feet/legs and the shadows. Comes with AL Wood & MALM recolours also 8 random recolours of the books. I've included a Base Game and a Free Time Bookcase, you can only have 1 MESH in your game, the recolours work with both MESHES.
To my knowledge the Free Time version will work with EP's, Seasons or higher, however, I don't have any game starter so was unable to check it thoroughly.
Cloned From: Novellas Nouveau Bookcase
Subsets: 2 (both recolourable) = Bookcase & Books
Found: Buy Mode > Hobbies > Knowledge. Price: §500.
Custom Content used in my screenshots: Female Hair 74 by CoolSims.
Files have been compressed and checked in game. A colour charts are included in the files.
Both Base Game and Free Time Versions = 682
Additional Credits: - - GIMP - Milkshape - UV Mapper - The Compressorizer - Maxis/EA Games and MTS.
amythestfenix for the extra wood colours and for allowing me to use them.
Alawren for the request.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.38 MB · Downloads: 3,741 · 3rd Jun 2015
|1.38 MB||3,741||3rd Jun 2015|
Size: 547.9 KB · Downloads: 3,581 · 3rd Jun 2015
|547.9 KB||3,581||3rd Jun 2015|
Size: 545.6 KB · Downloads: 2,074 · 3rd Jun 2015
|545.6 KB||2,074||3rd Jun 2015|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
so it can be fixed and I do not make the same mistake in the future.
Constructive criticism and feedback are always welcome.
I do meshes, recolours and design my lots for pleasure, not for profit.
Feel free to use my meshes or recolours and include them in your lots, uploaded to free sites only.
However, remember to check the original creator's policies and always link to the originals.
DO NOT re-upload to pay sites. DO NOT claim any of my work as your own
and please ask before re-using my meshes or texture images (TXTR's).
You can find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep.
Take care and stay safe.
AL Wood Textures
LACK Wood Textures
MALM Wood Textures