MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
CaSTable Rocks, Crystals, Ruins, Mines & Dive Caves
by AussomeDays Posted 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:27 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:59 PM by AussomeDays : fixed typo's
144 Thanks Thanks 51 Favourited
For the most part, these package files merely add the resources needed in order to make an existing object recolourable using the CaST tool. These changes are more geared towards those of us who love building and customising. Most are default overrides with the exception of a few objects that are new (due to having multiple mesh groups that needed to be converted into separate parts in order to make the entire object CaSTable). The new "Multi-Part" objects do include overrides that hide the corresponding original object in the catalogue (to avoid duplicate thumbnails) and to provide limited castability (when feasible) to one mesh group of the now hidden objects since these are the ones used in the pre-made worlds. Any new object will show up in the catalogue with a yellowish-orange thumbnail background.
Overrides from store worlds & store objects use data that correspond to the original "unmodified" versions of those packages. If you have edited anything before or after installing your store stuff, you will also need to edit these files in the same manner, or the resources will probably not match up or function correctly. ALL objects do rely on resources from the originals in order to look and/or function correctly.
All of these objects contain OBJD, MLOD and MODL overrides that add necessary information to allow recolouring and catalogue sorting, and they will conflict with any other mod that alters the same resources. TXTCs and _XML are also necessary for recolouring and have been added as well. _IMG files also added as needed for masks, desaturated multipliers, etc.
Also included are STBL overrides, the main purpose being to group things together in the object list when using CAW. Searching too much usually causes my CAW to crash, and it's aggravating having to scroll to the L's for a Large Rock, then to the S's for a Small Rock, and who knows where else. With these string overrides, everything is in the "R" section (English strings) for ROCK! Hopefully, the other languages are working as well.
**HOW TO USE
I've been using these for a few years now and haven't run into any issues, but if something does pop up, let me know, and I'll take a look.
- File Location: After downloading, unzip the .rar file and place the unzipped .package file into your Mods/Packages folder. If you already use package files for your store content, then you will need to place any store object packages into a higher priority folder (i.e. overrides) to be sure that the necessary files do get overridden. Deleting the scriptCache.package and compositorCache.package may not be necessary, but it's usually the first thing I do when I start using new mods (just in case).
- Catalogue Location: Build Mode - Rocks | World Edit - Rocks
The smaller rocks intended for landscaping should appear at the front of the catalogue. The remainder are hopefully in some sensible order, though obviously a few of these will most likely never actually be used on a lot because they are huuuuuge (unless you're extremely creative, of course ). The breakable rubble and boulders used for tomb building are at the end. The Pangu Axe is also at the very end since it is only used for the purpose of destroying the "breakables" (I know, it's not a rock, haha). There is additional info on the Pangu Axe below.
- Usage: Nothing special. Just place it and / or recolour it, and be done. Multi-part objects may take a split second to assemble, probably not even noticeable with these.
- CaST: Simply click and recolour. Multi-part objects will require clicking on the different areas to recolour (like the rabbitholes). There's a short tutorial below that explains how to recolour objects that are not located on a lot, as well as some images above (images based on pre-existing rocks from Island Paradise).
Info on Pre-Existing Objects (when using overrides)
I'm using the term "pre-existing" to refer to objects placed in a world that were NOT CaSTable at the time they were used. If you later add resources that will make an object CaSTable, then the pre-existing objects become CaSTable as well. If you use Method #1 to recolour off-lot objects, then the CaST panel will probably have incorrect colours shown in the channels at first, but clicking the other preset (top left corner) should update the CaST panel with the correct colours. Saving new presets doesn't appear to work on pre-existing objects. See tutorial and images for more info.
List of Multi-Part Objects (with new script that adds assembly)
- Rock of Ancients: rock + engraving.
Pre-Existing Original: is now the "Rock of Un-Ancients" as an override with a solid front, no engraving (The pre-existing one in Riverview may change to reflect this after that world loads)
- Dustin' Rocks (large only): rock + small decals.
Pre-Existing Original: small decals not recolourable
- Mine Entrances x3: rock + wood/signs.
Pre-Existing Original: only the rock is recolourable
- Crystal Rocks x4: rock + crystals (Complicated Crystal contains no rock).
Pre-Existing Original: only the crystal is recolourable
- Underwater Caves x2: rock + foliage + misc.
Pre-Existing Original: only the rock is recolourable
- Rubble Piles x4: main rubble pile + individual rock pieces.
Pre-Existing Original: not recolourable, use new versions instead
- Pre-existing objects that are located outside of a lot may be hard to replace using World Edit due to limitations experienced when you try to adjust an object's position.
- Pre-existing objects that are actually on a lot will probably replace ok, unless other nearby objects interfere with placement. MoveObjects may have been used during the building process and may need to be used again in some situations, i.e. Underwater Caves on dive lots.
CAW users can use the newer versions from the start of world creation.
World Edit & CAW Notes
Scripted objects can be unpredictable when off-lot. The multi-part objects do assemble correctly when placed from World Edit. However, if you change your mind and hit ESC before placing it, only the Main piece will be deleted, and any attached pieces will remain on the map. The same thing will happen after actually placing a multi-part object while in World Edit and then picking it up again to delete it. These pieces can be deleted in the following ways:
- 1. While still in build/buy mode, enter a nearby lot, Ctrl-Shift click the piece that is off-lot and select "Delete It" from the menu.
- 2. Go to live mode, Shift click the piece that is off-lot, select "Object" and then select "Delete It" from the menu.
CAW users won't see assembly until they actually go to Edit-In-Game. Upon return to CAW, the objects will remain assembled. In some cases, selecting an object to reposition it will sometimes pick an attached piece instead of the entire Main object. You'll know this has happened if you move or rotate the object and part of it gets left behind. In this case, you will need to use the World Layers menu on the left (Layer_0 - Game Objects) to locate and select the Main part of the object and then move or rotate it how you want.
Inge & Peter for their wonderful / / Tweaker tools that have made this possible
icarus_allsorts for continued input when I hit a road block!
All the other modders who continue to provide us with more great game content.
Rocks - Complete Set.rar
| Complete set for all downloads listed above - discard the ones you do not need
Size: 8.62 MB · Downloads: 1,682 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store Set - Brunch at the Old Mill - Pebble Henge (just adds World Edit/CAW version)
Size: 13.6 KB · Downloads: 358 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store Set - Luxe Lounge Spa - Rock All Night (just adds World Edit/CAW version)
Size: 9.2 KB · Downloads: 343 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Dragon Valley - Ruins x5
Size: 133.7 KB · Downloads: 408 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Aurora Skies - Solar Stones x3
Size: 93.7 KB · Downloads: 385 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Monte Vista - Ruins x4
Size: 118.3 KB · Downloads: 395 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Sunlit Tides - Lava Boulders x3
Size: 87.7 KB · Downloads: 377 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Lucky Palms - Dustin Rocks (Large and Small)
Size: 412.6 KB · Downloads: 360 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Lunar Lakes - Crystals x4 **Includes TWO package versions, one for those with Lunar Lakes installed, and one for those who just have the crystals -- Do NOT use both of these together!
Size: 1.09 MB · Downloads: 844 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Store World - Riverview - Rock of Ancients
Size: 42.6 KB · Downloads: 447 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Into the Future - Rocks
Size: 124.1 KB · Downloads: 498 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Island Paradise - Rocks, Ruins, Dive Lot Caves
Size: 2.03 MB · Downloads: 596 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Supernatural - Rock Troll Statue
Size: 113.4 KB · Downloads: 583 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Showtime - Cement Block (was not originally enabled to show up in catalogue)
Size: 2.2 KB · Downloads: 439 · 2nd Aug 2015
| Pets - Rocks, Mine
Size: 1.88 MB · Downloads: 786 · 2nd Aug 2015
| World Adventures - Rocks, Ruins, Mine, Boulders, Rubble Piles, Sand, Pangu Axe
Size: 1.16 MB · Downloads: 663 · 2nd Aug 2015
| BASE Game - Rocks, Ruins, Mine
Size: 1.33 MB · Downloads: 978 · 2nd Aug 2015
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents