Old L.A.: vintage diners
Updated: 30th Apr 2020 at 10:03 PM by Floraflora2
The Cherry Pan Diner - Coffeehouse (Showtime EP venue)
The name is a respectful reference to the Apple Pan Diner which is perhaps the oldest working diner in Los Angeles today, opened in 1947. I admit that it doesn't sound very authentic if a diner has a showtime stage, but I needed a Showtime venue in my Roaring Heights (this city is full of wannabe starlets). So the diner has not only a coffee bar (University EP) with a jukebox, shuffleboard table and books, but a separate room with stage for beginner starlets (from level 3). PLAYTEST: the venue will generate a Proprietor and a Barista. Opening hours: 6.00 AM - midnight. It can take more than two sim-weeks until the first SimFest announced, but an active performer sim can play a gig on the first or second day if the Proprietor agrees.
EA world Roaring Heights (standard) installed is a must for this download.
Lot size: 30 x 30
Reggie's Diner - Java Hut (University Life EP)
The Reggie's is a café chain in-game with an interior very similar to mine. It looks like a predecessor of the fast food joints of our times. Jukebox/dance, shuffleboard table, chess table, books, hopscotch, photo booth, espresso machine and ice cream are offered. PLAYTEST: the lot generates a Barista and attracts much higher traffic than the Coffeehouse venue. Opening hours: 5.00 AM - 1.00 AM. Although it's created for the beach-side promenade in Roaring Heights, I didn't use objects from that world on this lot, so it should work without RH.
Lot size: 20 x 30
No CC, no Stuff Packs, no spawners on either lots. Both diners requires the following EPs: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise. AND the Cherry Pan Diner needs Roaring Heights installed.
Lot Size: 30x30
Lot Price (furnished): 80,953
Lot Price (unfurnished): 42,057
To Rockstar Games + Team Bondi for the wonderful art design of LA Noire.
Number of bedrooms:
Not Applicable: For Commercial Lots
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
Title: The Cherry Pan Diner
Description: Vintage Los Angeles-inspired diner / coffeehouse
Title: Reggie's Diner
Description: Vintage Los Angeles-inspired diner / café / breakfast joint
Size: 1.52 MB · Downloads: 3,668 · 31st Jan 2016
|1.52 MB||3,668||31st Jan 2016|
The Cherry Pan Diner.rar
Size: 1.06 MB · Downloads: 3,728 · 31st Jan 2016
|1.06 MB||3,728||31st Jan 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!