Maxis Match - Base Game One-tile dressers
Updated: 21st Jun 2016 at 6:12 AM - Formatting / New file: Slight edit for tiling textures
If you're like me and actually like compact houses, you must also be a tiny bit frustrated with the lack of one-tile dressers proposed in game.
I know there are some great CC out there, but I also really like the idea of Maxis Match objects that could be part of a set. So I made all six Base Game dressers as one-tile dressers. It was for my personal use, but why not share?
What I did is a basic cloning of the dressers (same presets as the original) and rescaling of the meshes (same polycount as the original), so they'll fit on one tile only. I rearranged the decoration slots and I've also played a bit with the tiling of the textures, just to make sure they weren't weirdly stretched.
Those dressers can be found in:
By Function: Storage > Dressers
By Room: Bedroom > Dressers
Now, you can preview and have more info on each dresser:
DeForester Dresser 1x1 (Colonial)
High LOD - 634 vertices, 590 faces
Low LOD - 400 vertices, 292 faces
Homestead Dresser 1x1 (Country)
For this dresser, I also edited the texture Overlay to get rid of the flowers, but only for the 2nd preset. Freedom of choice and all that.
High LOD - 1461 vertices, 1184 faces
Low LOD - 537 vertices, 330 faces
The Evrityme Dresser 1x1 (Designer)
High LOD - 1107 vertices, 914 faces
Low LOD - 246 vertices, 148 faces
Smooth Slides Luxury Dresser 1x1 (Luxury)
High LOD - 1060 vertices, 746 faces
Low LOD - 329 vertices, 214 faces
Werkbunnst Stonewood Dresser 1x1 (Mission)
High LOD - 1164 vertices, 814 faces
Low LOD - 474 vertices, 322 faces
Drawers of Dismissal Dresser 1x1 (Modern)
High LOD - 705 vertices, 603 faces
Low LOD - 249 vertices, 181 faces
How do I use this?
You can simply place the package file(s) in : Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
These objects require only the Base Game
These objects were created with patch 1.67
Hope this will be useful to some of you!
TSR Worskshop ;
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||blyss_DresserModern_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
|Filename||blyss_DresserColonial_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
|Filename||blyss_DresserCountry_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
|Filename||blyss_DresserDesigner_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
|Filename||blyss_DresserLuxury_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
|Filename||blyss_DresserMission_1x1.package (inside BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar)|
BG maxis match one-tile dressers.rar
Size: 340.9 KB · Downloads: 7,612 · 21st Jun 2016
|340.9 KB||7,612||21st Jun 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: