MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Windenburg Cathedral (Community Lot)
by iraht Posted 10th Jul 2016 at 8:51 PM
66 Thanks Thanks 29 Favourited
Windenburg Cathedral of the Peteran Faith
Welcome to the Windenburg Cathedral of the Peteran Faith! This important piece of Windenburg history is now up for sale. If you wish to read about the cathedral's history, click the button below. It ties in with a previous upload of mine, the Hall of Flames estate. If you are just here to enjoy my build, that is fine as well, but I promise the story behind it will add to the beauty of this build!
Since the cathedral is now up for sale, here is a list of assets that come with the property.
- Communal sitting area
- Two ponds for fishing
- Owner's apartment
- Two priest(ess) bedrooms
- Storage room
- Public toilets
- Catacombs with six tombs.
The cathedral is currently not suitable as a wedding venue. The previous owner got cheated on and despite being a man of faith, he discouraged marriage strongly. A new owner can easily place a wedding arch and add other facilities to change this though!
The entire building, the graveyard and the catacombs are placed under the protection of the Town of Windenburg as they are important to its history.
Important things to know
- The lot is listed as a park, but can be easily changed to any other sort of community lot, or even a residential lot. The cathedral has been play tested and all areas are accessible (so far as I know).
- Because the lot is listed as park I had to add a jungle gym. Since those nasty buggers are so ungodly huge I've decided to bury it deep underground, far away from sight. I did it because it doesn't fit on the lot and would ruin the scenery. You can easily place it somewhere on the lot if you still wish it to be there! There are monkey bars for your kids to have fun on anyway!
- I strongly recommend placing the cathedral furnished. Placing it unfurnished results in the street lanterns and many garden decoration objects (like the ponds) getting mercilessly deleted, leaving it looking plain and boring. However it does look scary when the building is empty, so if you're into that go ahead!
- Do not reupload to the gallery/MTS/any other website.
- There's a glitch with the front door. Just like with my estate, it disappears when viewing the full building. I really wish they'd fix that bug already, gosh
- It is a BIG lot, and you will need a good computer to run the game smoothly when the lot is loaded. If you do not have a good pc, I suggest deleting some if not most of the bushes. This'll probably significantly increase your FPS!
The cathedral does NOT require CC, however I have used one mod to place the headstones and urns around the lot, which is Snaitf's buyable graves. You can easily download the lot without the mod, but the graves I placed with it will be deleted. Aesthetically it won't change much, because I did build physical graves for every headstone I placed. (Three graves will remain in the graveyard because I placed those with the buydebug cheat).
Last but not least be sure to enjoy! If you have any requests for big ol' buildings like these leave a comment and maybe I can try to build it! Also be absolutely sure to check out Hall of Flames as it is a sister-built to this lot. Their stories intertwine!
Lot Size: 64x64
Lot Price (furnished): 655.473
Lot Price (unfurnished): 334.133
Size: 475.5 KB · Downloads: 3,537 · 10th Jul 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents