"Free, No Obligation!" Window Set
Updated: 16th Mar 2017 at 1:52 PM
If you were alive and paying attention in the UK about 15 years ago, that wall of confusing hyperbole will be all too familiar! While I really don't miss the SafeStyle ads, it's always struck me as odd that EA never made any regular, boring, UPVC windows for sims. And now that I'm building tonnes of suburban houses, I really can't keep going without them. So here they are!
This set consists of six matching windows, plus counterheight and centred versions of each, ranging in size from one tile up to four tiles wide. Something for every room! You can click the thumbnails in the table below to zoom in on the images.
The white texture shown in the images above is the default texture; also included are four recolours, pictured above, in light and dark brown, with or without wood effect.
The entire set is slaved to the regular height 2 tile window. If you want to recolour this set, recolour the regular height 2 tile window. If you delete the mesh for the regular height 2 tile window, the set will stop working.
I've UV mapped the set so it's extremely easy to recolour. If you get stuck, I suggest downloading the grouped MS3D mesh from the Files tab and taking a look at the mapping yourself.
zookini for the 4 tile window I cloned, and a variety of people including IgnorantBliss, Numenor and cmomoney for their techniques and tutorials.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Grouped meshes + texture PSD.7z
| Grouped MS3D master mesh and texture PSD, for retexturing or making add-ons.
Size: 369.1 KB · Downloads: 3,040 · 5th Oct 2016
|369.1 KB||3,040||5th Oct 2016|
Free No Obligation Windows - Flat & Wood Recolours.7z
| Just the retextures, no meshes.
Size: 100.4 KB · Downloads: 2,619 · 5th Oct 2016
|100.4 KB||2,619||5th Oct 2016|
Free No Obligation Windows - Counterheight + Master.7z
| Just the counterheight and master meshes, no retextures.
Size: 80.6 KB · Downloads: 2,496 · 5th Oct 2016
|80.6 KB||2,496||5th Oct 2016|
Free No Obligation Windows - Regular Height.7z
| Just the regular height meshes, no retextures.
Size: 90.3 KB · Downloads: 2,530 · 5th Oct 2016
|90.3 KB||2,530||5th Oct 2016|
Free No Obligation Windows - Full Set.7z
| Everything you need! Download this if you want the whole set.
Size: 208.5 KB · Downloads: 9,288 · 5th Oct 2016
|208.5 KB||9,288||5th Oct 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.