Felicity Island (Tropics)
Neighborhood & Suburb | [Vacation Destination]
for The Sims 2
Hi. Please read the yellow part, it's kind of important.
While it may seem like they do, the lots and the island itself actually have no functioning roads. This means you cannot put new lots down, you cannot move existing lots around in-game, and you shouldn't bin lots, as you won't be able to put them down anywhere. However, you have nearly 40 empty lots at your disposal, and you may rezone them, or resize them using Lot Adjuster. Sims can navigate around the island on foot or by a taxi. I've added a small note to community lot descriptions; if it says reachable by "bus," you can take a taxi to the lot. If not, then click on your Sim and select Walk to Lot. It's still possible for your Sim to reach any lot by the vacation shuttle, and take the three tropic tours on lots that were labeled as "reachable by bus."
You need to have one in order to see all the lots of the island, given that some of the lots are placed near the very edge of the world. My personal pick is GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1, but you may use any other mod.
Needed to avoid the great amount of lag that could happen on big lots, the waterfall, or in neighborhood view (because of lots of trees).
There are two files to choose from:
- TFI4-0.rar - uninhabited (no Sims),
- TFI4-1.rar - with tropics locals.
If you're planning to add either the inhabited or empty Felicity Island to a neighborhood that doesn't already have inhabited tropics, you can freely do so.
The same goes for the empty Felicity Island being added to a neighborhood that does have inhabited tropics.
However, if you're planning to add the inhabited Felicity Island to a neighborhood that already has inhabited tropics (for example, Twikkii Island), here's How to Add Multiple Inhabited Subhoods to a Neighborhood. The guide is written for downtowns, but an analogous method applies for tropics.
Without following the tutorial above, proceeding to add inhabited Felicity Island to a neighborhood with inhabited tropics will result in neighborhood corruption. If you're not familiar with the issue, refer to: Game Help:Avoiding Hood Corruptionwiki
Custom Content Required
The items on the following list are required in order to play this island.
- Castaway Stories CC Bundle compiled by DJ. (me)
- Cellar - suitable for your shipwrecked/Apocalypsed/medieval sims by Jasana_BugBreeder
- CS Tribal Clothes Without Tribal Tattoos (based on packages found in Tarlia's bundle) by DJ. (me)
- Decorative Road Pieces Set by Criquette
- Designable modular stone stairs, with shape options by marvine
- Mod Stairs (Found, Clean Lumber, Energy Efficient) by devilsrope
- Moi's fence collection: Invisible Meshless TS2-compatibe Fence (...) by niol (note: you only need to download "Moi_FenceInvisibleMeshless-r.rar" from the collection)
- -Open Coals Rotisserie Spit- For Cavemen and Campers Alike! by Phaenoh
- Regional Airport Set by Criquette
- Subway Entrance (from "A bit of a garage sale." collection) by HC
- Use Inaccessible Beds by Inge Jones
- Ye Olde Cooper's Barrels & Sacks by Sophie-David
A BRIEF SUMMARY
There was something screaming at me to create a vacation destination out of this neighborhood. So, here it is. A few things were changed here and there, but in general, it's the same place, and now any Sim from any neighborhood can pay a visit.
What's different between this and the regular "neighborhood" version is the fact that this is, well, a vacation destination, and this version also features a bit of (fake) road network, as well as a bit of modern architecture style. And it's even got the cute secret tropical lot mini-game included.
The island has eight districts: The Shamba Village, The Highlands, The Valley Village, Scavenger Fields, The Aurora Glade, The Hot Springs, Swaying Palms, and The Jungle.
You can find several different maps of this island and a list of all lot names and positions at the end of the gallery (at the top of this page).
- Choose between the uninhabited (TFI4-0.rar) or inhabited (TFI4-1.rar) version.
- Extract the archive and put the TFI4 folder in:
- if you don't have the Ultimate Collection: Program Files\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
- if you have the Ultimate Collection: Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
- Required CC goes to Documents\The Sims 2\Downloads. Watch out for special installation instructions of modular stairs (I recommend you use The Scriptorium).
- A modded neighborhood camera file (Gunmod's, for example) goes to Documents\The Sims 2\Cameras.
To make the world appear in the game, load a neighborhood you wish to assign this vacation destination to, and at the top left corner of the screen, select the Vacation Destination Chooser. Add a new vacation destination, and pick "Felicity Island" from the list.
ADDITIONAL CUSTOM CONTENT
The required custom content is listed at the top of this page. Do not play this island without the required bits in your Downloads!
There are also things I recommend having alongside the required CC.
Not included, not required, recommended:
- Bon Voyage pyramid set recolored with Castaway Stories textures by Freezer Bunny
- Fix subhood selection (Moo_FixMultipleVacation.package) by Mootilda
- Perfect Plants by twojeffs
- Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (CS water!) by Voeille **
- (TSR) Tiki Match Livingroom Add-ons 3 - Chess table by simaddict99
- TS3Store Sunlit Tides objects converted to TS2 by Crisps&Kerosene
VACATION HOMES FOR PURCHASE: 11
EMPTY LOTS FOR PURCHASE: 17
TOTAL NUMBER OF RESIDENTIAL LOTS: 28
TOTAL NUMBER OF COMMUNITY LOTS: 25
of which LODGING: 10
TOTAL NUMBER OF TROPICS LOCALS (all adults): 16 (8 female, 8 male)
The images at the top of this page give you an overall idea of what this island is about. You can find more pictures that I took while I was building this island in this thread.
I think I managed to mention it all. Hope you enjoy.
A very big thanks to our late Mootilda, without whom the Lot Adjuster wouldn't exist today, and without which this roadless neighborhood with unique-looking beaches would not be possible to make.
Thanks to Inge Jones for her Portal Revealer, which was also a much needed tool in making the lots look more natural without roads.
Another big hug and thanks go out to Lauratje86, who's been so thorough in testing the pre-release version of this neighborhood.
Thanks to EA and Maxis, for creating The Sims: Castaway Stories. Without the game, I would not have ever got to know Felicity Island, and I wouldn't become so obsessed with it.
Thanks to Quaxi, Inge Jones, and numerous other contributors who made possible.
Thanks to all of the creators whose content I used in the process of making this island.
Also, thanks to Jawusa, for her heart-warming words she sent my way when the island hasn't even been published yet, and for taking her time to extract the Sims' appearances (and fix them!) from EA's Felicity Island.
Finally, a pat on the back to Prah, who was the person that suggested I posted pictures of this island wayyy back in November '15. If it wasn't for them, this island would have remained for my private use only!
| Tropics - With locals
Size: 35.57 MB · Downloads: 4,901 · 27th Dec 2016
| Tropics - No Sims
Size: 33.49 MB · Downloads: 2,070 · 27th Dec 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
+ 8 SPs
32 Comments / replies (Who?)
38,540 ViewsAlso recommended:
Check out the neighborhood & suburb versions of this island:
Remember how sexy CS water looked like? Voeille made Sims 2 water sexy, too! Check it out here. Make sure you add a 1x1 pool to all non-beach lots!