Hillside Cemetery -Terraced Graveyard- No-CC
Updated: 26th Aug 2020 at 9:09 PM
Really good sim cemeteries are few and far between, and yeah, they are boring to build and boring to play so why bother?
I needed a graveyard for all my pre-dead Pleasantview ancestors but I had a hard time finding anything I liked that wasn't just a giant flat empty lot. I did discover a cemetery that was built into a hill. I thought, huh, that's a neat idea, lemme see what I can do with that idea.
There are also plenty of fabulous gothic and spooky graveyards, but my Pleasantview is too basic for that. I wanted to keep it neutral while still being slightly weird, so I picked all fall colored trees, these colors help give it the spooky Halloweeny feeling without being outright morbid. On each side of the cemetery is a ramp allowing this lot to be wheelchair accessible, and so the grave-digging equipment can reach all the terrace levels. Neither of these reasons are 'real' in our game, but I enjoy having and making these little realistic details.
In addition to having an good place to send graves, I wanted an easy place for my Knowledge sims to reliably see ghosts. What better way than to go to a graveyard at night? With so many graves, it should be pretty common to see ghosts every night.
As you can see, there is plenty of space for graves. My intent was that each headstone gets placed up against the hedges looking down at the town. The are three rows per level as I find a headstone and two tiles of dirt (or flowers) make the most realistic grave. There are currently no gravestones on the lot and the lot has never been visited, so you don't need to worry about the usual lots-with-gravestone bugs. In fact, if you prefer this to remain just a park and not use it for a cemetery you could do that too.
Since this is a sloped lot, special hood placement is required. The lot raises one [ click per hood tile, so it's pretty easy to recreate. If you simply place the lot down without making your slope the game will adjust, but you might have some blending work to do afterwards to make it look normal. I built this lot in Pleasantview, near the water, but I adjusted my mountainside first to accommodate it.
P.S. You might want to check out these tombstone and graveyard mods!
Default Replacement Tombstone
Apartment Life Cemetery Selector
Lot Size: 5x5
Lot Price (furnished): 78,415
Number of bedrooms:
Not Applicable: For Commercial Lots
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Unfurnished: Lot is a basic shell with walls, floors, windows, doors, stairs, and landscaping, but does not contain basic fixtures, plumbing, or furniture.
Title: Hillside Cemetery
Description: A simple hillside cemetery for your neighborhood. Created by Phaenoh. Warning: This is an UNEVEN lot and WILL warp your hood. Slope raises one [ click per one hood tile.
|Open for Business|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 293.1 KB · Downloads: 2,927 · 9th Jun 2017
|293.1 KB||2,927||9th Jun 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)