Heterochromia (updated 29 Jun '23)
Updated: 29th Jun 2023 at 3:45 PM
This is a set of accessory eyes for both genders and all age groups except of babies. The accessory eyes cover Sims' eyes (left or right, you can recognize it by the file name) but they aren't static – they move and behave just like ordinary eyes. You can find them in the glasses section. They are layerable – you can use them also with other accessories and glasses. They're base-game compatible.
29 Jun 2023: Made meshes able to handle bump/normal mapping (stdMatNormalMapTexture### properties in material definitions).
20 Oct 2019: Fixed a bug that causes disappearance of eyes, brows, make-up, beard, glasses and other accessories of a Sim wearing a heterochromia accessory, every time you change appearance of that Sim using a mirror or a hack. Please redownload and reinstall all the files of the heterochromia accessories you're using. After that, delete Accessory.cache from your game save folder (Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 or Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection). You also have to recreate or update* your recolors. Unfortunately, all the Sims wearing heterochromia accessories need to have reapplied them after you update the files. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
* To update a recolor, open its file in and edit every Mesh Overlay XML (XMOL) resource: change the value of override0subset from face to eye (in the Plugin View tab).
They come in 13 colors:
- simNopke-heterochromia###-baseGame: brown, green, gray, dark blue, light blue, alien
- simNopke-heterochromia###-eps: vampire (Nightlife); lycan, lycan alien (Pets); plantsim, wilted plantsim (Seasons); bigfoot (Bon Voyage); genie (Free Time)
Each mesh has 9 faces and 9 vertices.
These accessories sometimes don't adapt well to untypical eye shapes, causing overlap or strange iris deformation. They also move in CaS even though they shouldn't.
jfade (The Compressorizer!)
WesHowe (UniMesh plugins and brighter Bodyshop)
Creators of SimPe
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 10.1 KB · Downloads: 5,331 · 29th Jun 2023
|10.1 KB||5,331||29th Jun 2023|
Size: 16.5 KB · Downloads: 4,813 · 20th Oct 2019
|16.5 KB||4,813||20th Oct 2019|
Size: 19.4 KB · Downloads: 4,473 · 20th Oct 2019
|19.4 KB||4,473||20th Oct 2019|
Size: 9.9 KB · Downloads: 4,819 · 29th Jun 2023
|9.9 KB||4,819||29th Jun 2023|
Size: 16.6 KB · Downloads: 4,511 · 20th Oct 2019
|16.6 KB||4,511||20th Oct 2019|
Size: 19.4 KB · Downloads: 4,342 · 20th Oct 2019
|19.4 KB||4,342||20th Oct 2019|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.