MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Lower Threshold for Parenthood Traits (Negative, Positive, Lifespan Flavors)
by tyjokr Posted 12th Dec 2017 at 8:07 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2021 at 9:32 PM by tyjokr : No update needed for Kit patch
286 Thanks Thanks 115 Favourited
No update needed for Kit patch 1.71.86Originally this mod was intended to make it easier to raise children with negative traits (it is far too easy to raise well-adjusted children IMO), but I expanded the scope of the mod to account for different play styles.
What This Mod Does
Without this mod you need at least -90 in any character value to have a teen age up with a negative trait and at least 90 to have a teen age up with a positive trait. This mod lowers the required value for earning a Parenthood trait. There are multiple flavors that target only negative traits, only positive traits, and both.
What You Should Know
The amount of points a sim has in a given character value also affects their autonomy a bit. The default values for the different autonomy levels are as follows:
Very Positive: 90 to 100
Positive: 35 to 90
Negative: -35 to -90
Very Negative: -90 to -100
Certain traits also start you off with a certain amount of points in either direction of a character value. I changed the starting values of sims with the Evil and Insane traits in most of the flavors to be more difficult because those two traits are truly extreme and should require an immense effort on the part of the parents to balance them out.
Which Flavor Is Right For Me?
- If you want traits to have a greater impact on character values, creating more depth and sometimes challenge, then download the Impactful flavor (I personally use this one).
- If you think the game is too easy and want parenting to be harder/make it more likely your sims raise shit kids then download one of the flavors that only lowers the threshold for negative traits.
- If you think the game is too hard and want parenting to be easier/live in a happy world full of sunshine and rainbows then download one of the flavors that only lowers the threshold for positive traits.
- If you want to make it easier to attain character traits in either direction then download the flavor that lowers the threshold for both positive and negative traits.
- If you play on a shorter lifespan or just find it difficult in general to raise a sim with multiple character traits then download the flavor designed for shorter lifespans.
YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE FLAVOR. Pick the best one for your play style.
Impactful Flavor (use this one if unsure)
Negative Only Flavor 1
Negative Only Flavor 2
Positive Only Flavor 1
Positive Only Flavor 2
Negative and Positive Combined Flavor 1
Short Lifespans Flavor
Note: This mod does not change the UI. As demonstrated in the thumbnail image, the division between the light gray section (doesn't earn trait) and the dark gray section (earns trait) will change to the new threshold value. This may make it a bit harder to estimate what the current value of a character value is when using the mod, specifically the Flavor 2 versions. For example, if you use Negative Only Flavor 2, the big chunk of light gray on the negative side will appear to fill up very quickly as it ranges only from 0 to -10. Once it surpasses -10, the character value will appear to move much, much slower as the dark gray section will range from -10 all the way to -100.
This mod is compatible with mods that increase or decrease the rate at which you gain/lose character value points.
Do let me know any feedback.
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 1,427 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 2,970 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 1,911 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 1,621 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 1,210 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 11.0 KB · Downloads: 1,994 · 17th Nov 2019
Size: 10.9 KB · Downloads: 3,100 · 17th Nov 2019
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents