Sims 3 Script Extender Prototype
The Sims 3 Script Extender (S3SE) adds IO functionality previously unaccessible to Modders. You can access the new Functionality by interfacing with the C# Script Utility mod Prototype Version.
It is currently in an advanced prototyping phase, right now the mod only adds IO capabilities to the game.
If you got suggestions what additional features would be cool, let me know and i see if implementing them makes sense for the mod.
Current functionality :
You will need my Script Utility mod (Prototype Version) to Interface with this mod.
1) Install the Script Utility mod (Prototype Version)
2) Extract the content of S3SE.7z to \Sims3\Game\Bin so you have the path \Sims3\Game\Bin\Battery
Start your Game, when the Game starts loading (before the main menu) run S3SE_runtime.exe, if the process was sucessful you should see a Message soon after
Users who can start the game via TS3W.exe:
Run the S3SE.exe and wait. The game should automatically start up after a moment and should show a Message soon after the loading begins (if that does not work you can also try the Instructions for Origin Users but make sure S3SE is not running anymore [Task manager])
Save Your mods Settings on a drive or share them with others
Improve your own Prototyping by loading assemblies at runtime (Tip: wrap the method you want to test in a delegate and replace that delegate with newer version)
I dont take any responsibility for any damage caused by this mod (direct or indirect), so as always use at your own risk !
Do not reupload / claim as your own.
Do not create derivatives based on this
Right now im not aware of any conflict with another mod, let me know if you run into such a problem.
- The game can crash at the Startup (the Start procedure is somewhat delicate and time sensitive) Trying again often results in success.
- Some antivirus software detects the files as malware
Original Prototype Upload
Special thanks to my fellow Script modders who risked their lives to test S3SE (Testing was maybe not quite that dramatic)
C# IDE Used: trusty old SharpDevelop
CPP IDE Used: Code::Blocks (Compiler MSYS2 x86 package)
This download has custom installation instructions!
In addition to the normal installation instructions, this download also has a custom instruction, as follows:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. 1. Install the Prototype of the C#Script Utility mod
2. Extract the S3SE.7z to your \Sims3\Game\Bin Folder you should now have a path \Sims3\Game\Bin\Battery containing
BatteryLib.dll, S3SE.exe and S3SE_runtime.exe
Need more information?
Size: 491.9 KB · Downloads: 45 · 17th Feb 2021
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
8 Comments / replies (Who?)