Fixes for Nyx's Enhanced Aliens [automatic Enhanced Aliens]
Updated: 5th Sep 2022 at 11:42 PM
I am aware there might be some confusion as another user and I accidentally fixed it at the same time, though in different ways. My version of this mod makes all aliens Enhanced Aliens so long as they are Teen or older. If you prefer to have your Aliens unlock it via reward store and automatically upon aging up, I recommend you use GOOD_BOYgoneBAD's version instead. Otherwise, if you have any other mods that affect rewards, then mine might fit more easily, since we edited the broken parts of the mod in different ways. See more details about the resource changes near the end of this post !
I DID NOT MAKE THE ORIGINAL MOD, ALL CREDIT GOES TO NYX. REMAKES ALLOWED AS PER NYX’S SITE.
- September 5, 2022: Added French translation by Seyjin to Overpowered.
- September 3, 2022: Fixed Overpowered's buff to be properly hidden. Added French translation by braville to the main mod. Also added Spanish translation to Overpowered and Polish to Overpowered, by Krzydek.
- August 24, 2022: Fixed issue with Brain Power regeneration capping when it shouldn't.
- July 14, 2022: Took an axe to my own frankenfix and remade the fixes proper now lol.
- June 28, 2022: Removed even more components no longer used in this version so that the risk of those overrides causing issues is minimized.
- April 2, 2022: Deleted the preexisting component that could affect rewards store.
- March 26, 2022: Readded the missing Polish strings and added the Overpowered reward trait.
- March 9, 2022: Fixed UI issue when the hybrid mod was also installed.
- February 6, 2022: Added Polish translation by Krzydek
- January 25, 2022: Fixed visual issue with the self-target pieMenus
So, in the process of making my Occult Bloodline mods, I hit a wall at the time of making the Alien Bloodlines because, uhm. Aliens are boring ok. I thought I might have to go and actually make something to, well, make them less boring, but then I found out Nyx’s mod existed. But it didn’t work.
The main issue I noticed was the trait not showing up on Rewards for pre-existing Aliens, nor was it being gained by Aliens when aging up.
UPDATE: It's automatic now. Have fun.
The other issue, which I found out about thanks to the S4S forums, was that Brain Power was not regenerating via any of the actions that supposedly restored it.
UPDATE: Both the original Restore Brain Power interaction and any interaction that makes your Sim have the [Asleep] mood should trigger regeneration of Brain Power.
Aside from those fixes, the Mod is as the original was, which I’ll detail below. I couldn’t find the original MTS post so I’m just linking a post I found about it. If anything else is broken that I didn’t notice, please let me know and I’ll get to it!
All Alien Sims who are age Teen or older become Enhanced Aliens. You no longer need to send your Enhanced Alien to sleep for this to trigger. Aging up to Teen in-game should also now properly trigger them.
Once your Aliens are Enhanced Aliens, they'll be able to:
- BioDrain and BioBoost other Sims: Draining another gives them a +3 Dazed moodlet while giving the Alien a +3 Energized buff, and the opposite is true for Boosting, as the Alien will become +3 Dazed while the target is then +3 Energized. These all last an hour.
- Mind Control: Aliens can now command other Sims to either Clean or Repair, both for about 4 hours, during the duration of which Sims will be +10 Dazed.
- They have a new need called Brain Power, which overrides Bladder and Energy a la Vampire-energy bar*, which is maxed at 100 points and will be decreased by using Alien abilities.
*NOTE: I noticed they don't seem to be properly hidden when I had the Hybrids mod installed, but it seems to be a purely visual conflict considering how Nyx's code prevents Bladder/Energy from decaying anyway.
UPDATE: This is now fully compatible with the Hybrid mod and anything else that alters the motives panel, since rather than override the sort order, now the Bladder/Energy needs are fully blacklisted for Enhanced Aliens.
- Brain Power costs of different abilities spoilered below:
- Analyzing/Empathizing other Sims cost 15 Brain Power
- Transmuting metals and Bio-Drain cost 30 Brain Power
- Reviving dead Alien pets and Bio-Boost cost 40 Brain Power
- Mind-Control costs 60 Brain Power
- Erasing Memories costs 80 Brain Power
- Low Brain Power follows the negative Energy messages trend, just with the text replaced by Alien stuff.
- Brain Power can be restored by sleeping or by clicking on your Alien Sim and using the Alien ability of Restore Brain Power.**
UPDATE: vfx now works properly mwahahahahaha
There is some overlap between the resources edited by my version and GOOD_BOYgoneBAD's, namely the Alien Interactions:
And Alien Event filter:
Unless you use mods that affect the Buyable Trait Tuning and/or AgeUp Interactions involved in their version, I recommend GOOD_BOYgoneBAD's version.
Addon: The new Overpowered reward trait (requires XML Injector to show up), which cost 10k aspiration points, will enable Aliens to drastically slow down the decay of their Brain Power when not in use.
- English by Nyx
- Spanish by me
- Polish (by Krzydek)
- French (by braville on the main mod only / Seyjin for Overpowered)
ONCE AGAIN, ALL CREDIT TO NYX.
The following custom content is included in the downloadable files:
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
Size: 6.2 KB · Downloads: 3,736 · 5th Sep 2022
|6.2 KB||3,736||5th Sep 2022|
Size: 83.9 KB · Downloads: 8,521 · 4th Sep 2022
|83.9 KB||8,521||4th Sep 2022|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
|Get to Work|