Community Espresso Machine Now Sells Espresso!
Updated: 13th Aug 2022 at 9:03 AM
Oh the disappointment!
Maxis broke the Impresso Espress-o-Matic machine, and it is now fixed!
It now functions properly on an owned community lot, with either the business owner or an employee as barista. Sims will (continuously) purchase and consume caffeinated beverages, increasing their loyalty to you, your cafe will be full of jittering customers, and that Rank Ten rating will soon be yours!
This mod modifies BHAVs "Interaction - Order Coffee TEST" and "Espresso Stand - Customer Grab Cup" and will conflict with any mod which does the same.
If you do NOT use Simler90's business mod you will need to download "VA_EspressoMachinePatch".
If you DO use Simler90's business mod (https://modthesims.info/d/633080/business-mod.html), you will need to download "VA_Simler90_EspressoMachinePatch".
This mod is tuned at a value of 25 in relation to how many cups of coffee purchased it takes for each sim to gain a customer loyalty star (about 1 star every 4 cups). If this is too much or too little for you, you can easily change it in SimPE. Put your preferred tuning (1-100) in the Espresso Stand - Customer Grab Cup BHAV, node 10, altering the number in the operands pop-up wizard (literal = x where x is your value in decimal - 100 will give you a star every time).
I have tried to make this mod compatible with custom espresso machines, but since none of them function on owned community lots yet, this has not been tested.
I have also uploaded a default replacement coffee cup with a new design and some lovely coffee art!
All thanks and praise must go to @fway and Fireflowersims for holding my hand and leading me through the maze of BHAVs. I cannot thank you both enough, nor would this mod have been possible without you. Thank you also to Discord members who tested it, and to Exnem whose dessert cart code I copied.
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Defaults: Default Replacement Spawned Objects (like baseballs, dishes, etc)
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 491 Bytes · Downloads: 520 · 13th Aug 2022
|491 Bytes||520||13th Aug 2022|
Size: 515 Bytes · Downloads: 470 · 13th Aug 2022
|515 Bytes||470||13th Aug 2022|
Size: 24.2 KB · Downloads: 331 · 10th Aug 2022
|24.2 KB||331||10th Aug 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Little boxes made of ticky tacky