already some weeks ago I offered to make a Venitian Gondola for the project "Downtown Venice" that was started at that time by Bluetexasbonnie. Meanwhile I spent my summer vacation and had some tough weeks in my job. But now finally the boat is finished!
This object needs Open for business because of the object I cloned! After installation to your download folder you can find it in game within the decorativ collection of statues.
Statistics: faces - 3 468; vertices - 4077
When I had the idea to make a gondola I didn't expect that there were to follow more details than I thought. The Venitian craftsmen developed a type of ship with several characteristic features. I did some research and found a web-site of the American Thom Price (unfortunately the link to this site is broken). He described how a Venitian gondola is built.
The mesh for the Sims2-game is a compromise because the mesures of the boat wouldn't fit very well in the game. I hope it looks in spite of this well enough. (original length:width=11,05m:1,42m)
This object may be used by lotbuilders, but please don't upload to the Exchange! Please don't make recolours of the ship's body, because there exists an old Venitian law that determines that gondolas have to be black! Of course you can try to change the decoration.
Two screenshots are taken in Bluetexasbonnie's "Jilly Juggs Massage Parlor". You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173602
Have pleasure with it!
Credits to Quaxi for Credits to Thom Price, Gondola builder in Venice, Italy
Mesh handmade by hexameter
Thanks to Maxis for the game and the original object
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 482.0 KB · Downloads: 4,782 · 31st Aug 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Page 1 of 2