Basic "Bottomful Floors" for Easy Popcorn Ceilings
They come in black, grey, white, beige, brown, and, because my self-sim always lives in a blood red house, blood red too.
These are floor tiles, so you can cover an entire area quickly and easily. Please note that these do have certain limitations, though:
- They are not meant for normal gameplay, just picture taking. If you want ceilings for normal gameplay or on a lot you tend to play, not just a set, try jgwhiteus's ceiling tiles, which you can find on this site. I did a basic recolour set, too. You can find them under my profile.
- The floors are considered part of the floor above. This means that they will be lit as the floor above. If enclosed, they tend to be quite dark, so for best results, you don't want to have an enclosed room above.
- If you have walls on the floor above they will show as a small line across the ceiling.
- You will need to make sure you are actually "on" the floor that has these tiles or above for them to show up. That means if you are taking pictures on the ground level and have the tiles covering the floor of the next level up, you will need to hit Page Up to "go up" to the next level when in Tab/Cameraman mode.
- They show up under carpets, as they look, well, just like how I do carpets. But they're meant to be popcorn ceilings. You can use them as normal floors but as I said before, enclosed they are quite dark.
Niol, for the original info on how to make bottomful floors. Thanks, Niol!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 164.1 KB · Downloads: 9,843 · 21st Dec 2006
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64:
/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.