Eat at tables [no longer maintained as of August 6th 2021]
So I was tired of my Sims not eating at the table when it was in front of them. I looked for a mod to correct this and I found Mental-Hygiene's.
But it hasn't been updated since Strangerville came out, so I made my own thing, updating this and voila.
With this mod, your Sims will prefer to eat at table, so they'll either sit in a dining chair or a bar stool if there's no chair available. If they're watching TV while eating, they'll still sit on sofas or armchairs.
I thought I should share it in a new thread so it gets more visibility, because since the mod wasn't updated, people stopped looking at the thread.
So here a new version, that I'll hopefully maintain with every game update.
Changes were made in the following tuning files. Any mod using the same files will probably conflict.
You've probably noticed that even with this mod, whenever your Sims are outside, near a picnic table, they won't use it. I was guided on this to find the solution. The solution is another mod, made by LittleMsSam, that you can find in her Random Small Mods on her Tumblr page. You'll need the "Auto Use Picnic Table When Eating". Basically, it overrides all picnic tables so they're considered as dining tables, and the mod works with that.
UPDATES : don't forget to delete the old files before adding the new. All versions are named differently.2/6/2020 : No change needed for patch 1.61.15.
2/6/2020 : No change needed for patch 1.62
11/25/2020 : Thanks to LittleMsSam for maintaining this mod while I was gone. In the meantime, I got to take a look at my own version, and I may have messed the XMLs up at some point. Anyway, I got the mod working with the XMLs originally modified, but I have to say, I don't have a lot of time at the moment, what with lockdown, and classes to attend online all day. So this is not extensively play-tested. You can give it a go and let me know how it works for you, or keep LMS's fix, as you please.
Made with S4S
Originally from Mental-Hygiene
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
Built with Game Version: 126.96.36.199
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Latest - Please remove old files
Size: 2.4 KB · Downloads: 37,677 · 25th Nov 2020
Size: 2.3 KB · Downloads: 58,825 · 15th Mar 2020
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5