MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Forever or a Day - longer/shorter pregnancy for sims/pets! (1.55 compatible)

by lesbisim Posted 29th Oct 2011 at 9:35 PM - Updated 12th Jul 2013 at 11:25 AM by lesbisim
265 Comments / replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Forever or a Day - adjusted pregnancy lengths for sims and pets
Part 1 of my pregnancy mods series.

This mod has been overwhelmingly successful, with over 10k downloads! I just want to thank you all for downloading and enjoying.

Compatible with 1.55!

DESCRIPTION:
I prefer to play my game with short lifespans, because I get bored easily - so, I couldn't wait 3 days per pregnancy - thus, the Adjusted Pregnancy Lengths mod was born! This is an XML tuning mod that alters the length of pregnancy for both sims and pets. It comes in 4 flavours, but I also take requests. Details of the pregnancy lengths in the Requests file can be found below.


FIGURES:
Original (EAxis) - 3 days long, with 4 days of maternity leave for sims.
Super Short - 6 hours long, with 1 day of maternity leave for sims.
Short - 24 hours long, with 2 days of maternity leave for sims.
Long - 7 days long, with 10 days of maternity leave for sims.
Super Long - 21 days long, with 30 days of maternity leave for sims.

Paternity/spousal leave is always 2 days less than maternity leave. I have found no way of changing this so far, sorry!


REQUESTS:


FORMULA:


USE:
You can only have ONE sim pregnancy length mod and ONE pet pregnancy length mod in your game at any one time. This edits the Pregnancy and Pet Pregnancy XML files, so any other mods affecting pregnancy may conflict with mine. Does not conflict with any of my mods. Should not conflict with any of Twallan's mods or AwesomeMod.


COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with 1.55!
The 1.26 to 1.48 version may be compatible with earlier/later versions, but is not tested so use with caution!
Base game compatible. Pets EP is not required for sim pregnancy adjustments.


CREDITS:
The ever-amazing S3PE!


Enjoy!!

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Built with Game Version: 1.38
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
lesbisim_SimPregnancyLengthRequests.zip | UPDATED FOR 1.50 - Download this if you want one of the sim pregnancy length request mods in your game!

Size: 19.6 KB · Downloads: 8,561 · 16th Apr 2013
19.6 KB 8,561 16th Apr 2013
lesbisim_SimPregnancyLengths.zip | UPDATED FOR 1.50 - Download this if you want the super short, short, long, or super long sim pregnancy length mod in your game!

Size: 2.8 KB · Downloads: 12,523 · 14th Apr 2013
2.8 KB 12,523 14th Apr 2013
lesbisim_PetPregnancyLengths.zip | UPDATED FOR 1.50 - Download this if you want the super short, short, long, or super long pet pregnancy length mod in your game!

Size: 2.0 KB · Downloads: 3,249 · 14th Apr 2013
2.0 KB 3,249 14th Apr 2013
lesbisim_PetPregnancyLengthRequests.zip | UPDATED FOR 1.50 - Download this if you want one of the pet pregnancy length request mods in your game!

Size: 994 Bytes · Downloads: 1,666 · 14th Apr 2013
994 Bytes 1,666 14th Apr 2013
lesbisim_SimRequests.zip | (Compatible with 1.26 -1.48)

Size: 18.1 KB · Downloads: 2,654 · 31st Jan 2013
18.1 KB 2,654 31st Jan 2013
lesbisim_PetPregnancy.zip | (Compatible with 1.26 -1.48)

Size: 1.9 KB · Downloads: 2,450 · 21st Sep 2012
1.9 KB 2,450 21st Sep 2012
lesbisim_SimPregnancy.zip | (Compatible with 1.26 -1.48)

Size: 2.8 KB · Downloads: 9,510 · 13th Sep 2012
2.8 KB 9,510 13th Sep 2012
lesbisim_PetRequests.zip | (Compatible with 1.26 -1.48)

Size: 974 Bytes · Downloads: 2,045 · 9th Sep 2012
974 Bytes 2,045 9th Sep 2012
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:50 AM
Is it possible to use just the mod to alter sim pregnancy without the pets expansion pack?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:50 AM
I read this completely wrong, I thought you meant we could choose the pregnancy length for sims and pets individually lol.

I've downloaded though, I'm tired of waiting 5 years for pets to give birth lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario12
I really like this mod! Right now I play the super long version but I think the maternity leave is too long. Could you make a 30 days version without maternity leave for me, or maybe a 20 days version without maternity leave?
THX


I can do both, I'll get those done for you and add them to the requests file ASAP


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysimlover2011
Is it possible to use just the mod to alter sim pregnancy without the pets expansion pack?


Yes, that should be possible!
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:42 PM
Would it be possible to have a 5 day length version? (: Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:54 PM
Could you please make another version of a 9 days pregnancy but with maternity leave included?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 5:21 PM
So did EA make is so ALL PETS have to have the same pregnancy length? As is you can't set it different for dogs, cats, horses, it is just set for pets? If so i am disappointed.

Horse gestation period is 340 days verse dogs at 63 days, so i thought it would be nice to have horse longer than sims and dogs shorter.

Wish Ea had give us a pregnancy slide to go with the age sliders. Seem it would be logical to scale that with age.

Thanks for the additional options.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBox
Would it be possible to have a 5 day length version? (: Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaki
Could you please make another version of a 9 days pregnancy but with maternity leave included?


How much maternity leave would you both like?


Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrisim
So did EA make is so ALL PETS have to have the same pregnancy length? As is you can't set it different for dogs, cats, horses, it is just set for pets? If so i am disappointed.

Horse gestation period is 340 days verse dogs at 63 days, so i thought it would be nice to have horse longer than sims and dogs shorter.

Wish Ea had give us a pregnancy slide to go with the age sliders. Seem it would be logical to scale that with age.

Thanks for the additional options.


Unfortunately yes, it has the be the same for all pets. Which does seem unrealistic, but that's EA for you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario12
I really like this mod! Right now I play the super long version but I think the maternity leave is too long. Could you make a 30 days version without maternity leave for me, or maybe a 20 days version without maternity leave?
THX


Just updated the Requests file, your files should be there soon Enjoy!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrahjude
How much maternity leave would you both like?


for me, twice as Maxis' default amount will do fine
and thanks in advance for doing this ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 5:49 AM
I'm thinking 3 days for maternity leave. (:

So to clarify 5 days of pregnancy and 3 days of maternity leave.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaki
for me, twice as Maxis' default amount will do fine
and thanks in advance for doing this ^^


Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBox
I'm thinking 3 days for maternity leave. (:

So to clarify 5 days of pregnancy and 3 days of maternity leave.

Thank you!


Both your requests should be in the requests file now
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:11 PM
This is awesome, my friend and I have been looking for a mod that lengthened pregnancy. Do you know, by chance if this mod will conflict with Twallan's MC and/or Whoohooer?
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:11 PM
Could you make 9days of pregnancy and 3 or 4 days of maternity leave?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyharkness
This is awesome, my friend and I have been looking for a mod that lengthened pregnancy. Do you know, by chance if this mod will conflict with Twallan's MC and/or Whoohooer?


It doesn't conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutale
Could you make 9days of pregnancy and 3 or 4 days of maternity leave?


Should be in the requests file now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:04 AM
Thanks soooo much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 6:03 AM
This is awesome! thank you thank you!! Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 4:38 PM
thank you for your work, i can't wait to play the game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 6:12 AM Last edited by medieval_L0vr : 19th Nov 2011 at 6:13 AM. Reason: missed a few words
I got the himawara106 Request one and I think its great. It gives me enough time to take care of the other children and get an ultrasound at the hospital (another mod) and have fraturnal triplets!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:17 PM
Thank you so much! (:
Rubric Wrangler
THANKS POST
#45 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 4:45 PM
This is excellent, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:46 PM
I love this. Thanks so much for sharing. I have short sims lengths too and it always felt like my girls sims never went to work with all the maternity leave she gained! Her whole life passes by on maternity leave lol.

Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:01 AM
Thanks! After Kolipoki's Statue of Life stopped being updated, I couldn't shorten pregnancy times and they were driving me nuts. Now I can make it more realistic!
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:17 PM
This is one of my Favorite mods!! Thank you very much, However Im not sure if its part of your mod or part of EA but whenever my Horses give birth a flock of sims come over and start cheering for her and stuff and They normally die of hunger because they can't stop cheering. Is that an EA thing or is it the mod.... or is it just me? I have the 1 day pregnancy for the pets.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:35 PM
Glad you're all enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKSydney77
This is one of my Favorite mods!! Thank you very much, However Im not sure if its part of your mod or part of EA but whenever my Horses give birth a flock of sims come over and start cheering for her and stuff and They normally die of hunger because they can't stop cheering. Is that an EA thing or is it the mod.... or is it just me? I have the 1 day pregnancy for the pets.


Hmm, I haven't heard of / experienced that problem before... it's most likely an EA issue, there's nothing in my mods that should affect that. Damn EA!
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:03 PM
Oooh I can't wait to get home and download this, it's exactly what I was looking for. I was just wondering though is this mod compatible with the new patch..1.29?
Page 2 of 11