MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga
232 Comments / replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts


COMPATIBLE: BASEGAME PATCH v1.54 ~ v1.67

This mod adds a Chef Service in your game, so you can hire a Sim to cook your favorite recipe. You can "Ask to Cook" a specific Recipe or let the Chef choose a random one. He will always choose the recipe based on the ingredients available in your Fridge. If you don't have enough ingredients, he will charge you the missing ingredients. The Chef will automatically start cooking some recipes if there is a hungry Sim (Human ChildOrAbove) in your house.

If you have a Butler (from EP3) in your house, this mod will automatically delay the Butler's auto-cook functionality. So the Butler will clean the house, while the Chef will take care about the cooking tasks.

Features:
  • You can "Ask to Cook" a specific Recipe or let the Chef choose one for you;
  • He can cook all the recipes, except the specials (that gives life/reward boost);
  • He will automatically cook some recipes if there is a hungry Sim in your house (you can disable in the Configuration);
  • It's a Live in Service (like the Butler, but she/he will not interact autonomously with your family.); (not anymore, after update v1.5)
  • If you have University EP, he will automatically improve Meals by adding Herbs.
  • If you have Supernatural EP, he will automatically improve Desserts by adding Honey.
  • it's possible to set the "Service Room", the place where the Chef will wait when idle;
  • He will cleanup you kitchen (wash dishes, PutAway Leftover, dispose snacks and bad food from fridge only);
  • If you have a Vegetarian Sim, he will always prefer Vegetarian Recipes;
  • Possibility to disable the PutAway Leftover and CleanUp Food;
  • Socialize with the Household Sims is disabled;
  • Inappropriate Interactions are disabled;

You can request the service using the Interaction on the Telephone (not Mobile) ("Chef Service > Request Service").
To set a new Service Room just click on any LightCeilingLamp ("Chef Service > Save as ServiceRoom").


Backup your saved game before testing



Game Mod: Conflicts?
No. This is not an overriding Mod. adds new classes Chef and ChefServiceSituation.

Uninstall Instruction:
- To avoid the corruption of the Saved Game, make sure cancelling the Service ("Chef Service > Cancel Service") using the Telephone (wait until the Chef disappear), make sure there is no Chef in your Lot, then Save your Game and Exit, then remove the package file.

Update Instruction:
- To avoid the corruption of the Saved Game, make sure cancelling the Service ("Chef Service > Cancel Service") using the Telephone (wait until the Chef disappear), make sure there is no Chef in your Lot, then Save your Game and Exit, then replace the package file with the new one, restart your game and request the Service again.

Updates:

v1.7 -> 04/May/2014
- Recompiled the code for basegame patch 1.67;
- Fixed: Some script incompatibilities from the besagame patch 1.67;

v1.6 -> 07/Sept/2013
- Fix: The Chef won't cook for Mermaids, because they eat Kelps.

v1.4 -> 06/April/2013
- Fix: The Chef will ignore Simplants, because they don't have Hunger motive.
- Added: Polish translation (by anie_1981).
- Added: If you have University EP, he will automatically improve Meals by adding Herbs.
---> He will randomly consume Normal (or higher) quality Herbs from the Fridge;
- Added: If you have Supernatural EP, he will automatically improve Desserts by adding Honey.
---> He will always consume the best quality Honey from the Fridge;


v1.3 -> 02/March/2013
- The Chef will not leave the Lot autonomously;
- The Chef will be correctly vanished after service cancel;

Known Issues:
- can't cook: Snacks and FriedPeanutButterBanana (bug recipe from Showtime);
- can't cook for Vampires, SimRobot or Simplant;
- only serves leftovers on tables/counters;

Additional Credits/Thanks:
- nraas - DebugEnabler;
- Inge Jones - s3pe;
- anie_1981, BourgeoisBanana, Redhead Creations, rian90 and lowrisim for feedback and test;

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 3
Built with Game Version: 1.42
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Chef_Service_v1.7.rar | for patch 1.67

Size: 41.7 KB · Downloads: 16,893 · 4th May 2014
41.7 KB 16,893 4th May 2014
Chef_Service_v1.6.rar | for patch 1.54 ~ 1.57

Size: 41.7 KB · Downloads: 4,362 · 7th Sep 2013
41.7 KB 4,362 7th Sep 2013
Chef_Service_v1.5.rar | for patch 1.54 ~ 1.55

Size: 41.7 KB · Downloads: 1,377 · 3rd Sep 2013
41.7 KB 1,377 3rd Sep 2013
Chef_Service_v1.4.rar | for patch 1.50

Size: 41.9 KB · Downloads: 5,226 · 6th Apr 2013
41.9 KB 5,226 6th Apr 2013
Chef_Service_v1.3.rar | for patch 1.50

Size: 37.9 KB · Downloads: 4,253 · 2nd Mar 2013
37.9 KB 4,253 2nd Mar 2013
douglasveiga_Chef_Service_v1.2.rar | for patch 1.42 ~ 1.48

Size: 38.2 KB · Downloads: 10,138 · 29th Jan 2013
38.2 KB 10,138 29th Jan 2013
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
 
232 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 115 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 3:42 AM
OMG!! I Love this so much! Thank you for sharing!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#27 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:13 AM
Fantastic mod. Thank you very much.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 3:29 PM
Hi, I know you probably heard this before from your maid. But, is it possible that when not doing anything in their service room, they sit down, not stand up? Can they cook Japanese food and Italian food, too?
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie4414
Hi, I know you probably heard this before from your maid. But, is it possible that when not doing anything in their service room, they sit down, not stand up? Can they cook Japanese food and Italian food, too?


well, i prefer stand up because he can start cooking faster when necessary and it's better for performance reason. imagine the chef trying to find the nearest free chair in the specific service room in the specific lot from the current world. it's a really "expensive" operation.

Japanese food and Italian food??? you mean store content??

well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:45 PM
Omg.thismod.is
So Cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 1:12 AM
I've been waiting for you to release this
Great work on this mod - huge fan of your work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:34 AM
Wow, great work! thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasveiga
well, i prefer stand up because he can start cooking faster when necessary and it's better for performance reason. imagine the chef trying to find the nearest free chair in the specific service room in the specific lot from the current world. it's a really "expensive" operation.

Japanese food and Italian food??? you mean store content??

well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances.



Well, I didn't mean he has to look for a chair all the time. I mean, only if I place a chair/sofa in his service room, then he can sit down. If there are no chairs or anything he can sit on, then he remains standing, it's completely up to the player if they can sit down. How about that? Is that easier?

Lol, too bad he can't make the store content food, my sims have a chef, but they still make their own Japanese and Italian food. I always wanted to have both Japanese and Italaian chefs at home.

Btw, did you make him to eat food? Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table, but somehow I think the action got canceled and he went back to his room. Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving? For uber lazy sims?
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 4:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie4414
Well, I didn't mean he has to look for a chair all the time. I mean, only if I place a chair/sofa in his service room, then he can sit down. If there are no chairs or anything he can sit on, then he remains standing, it's completely up to the player if they can sit down. How about that? Is that easier?


actually, still it's an expensive operation. the problem is the worst case (there is no chair in the service room), because it will be necessary to check all the objects of the current world to conclude that there is no Chair in the service room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie4414
Btw, did you make him to eat food? Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table, but somehow I think the action got canceled and he went back to his room. Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving? For uber lazy sims?


"Also can you make him bring a serving to the table where sims sit, so they sit right away in the table and just wait for him to hand the serving?" =>>>>> "Because I saw him grabbing a plate and putting it on the dinning table"

actually it's a feature. you can disable using the configuration interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:52 AM
What a creative mod, congrats!
I have a question, what if my sims own a wood oven (for italian food) or a japanese grill (for japanese food)? I mean can he prepare those foods then? *I really hope so!*
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 1:00 PM
Well... this is great, but somehow i can't get this service, there is no option for that in the telephone... Is anyone can help me?
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 1:48 PM
@awsomegirl

"well, is not possible because most of the store recipes don't have "cooking steps" that's why he can't prepare it using appliances."

@B.J.T

You can request the service using the Interaction on the Telephone (not Mobile) ("Chef Service > Request Service").
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:13 AM
Would this work with the fridge mod that disables buying ingredients from your fridge? I don't remember who made it but its on here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet
Would this work with the fridge mod that disables buying ingredients from your fridge? I don't remember who made it but its on here.


no problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:39 AM
will this work on patch 1.38? thanks for this mod.
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.T
Well... this is great, but somehow i can't get this service, there is no option for that in the telephone... Is anyone can help me?



I am having the same problem as well. I have almost every Ep and SP released. I click on the wall phone pictured in the info but there is no option for a chef at all.
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butta101
I am having the same problem as well. I have almost every Ep and SP released. I click on the wall phone pictured in the info but there is no option for a chef at all.


do you have any outdated mod? have patch v1.42 - v.1.48? try in a new neighborhood just to test it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 1:21 PM
mine is patch 1.38. will it work? there's a chef service option when i click on the phone but when i request a service, there's no chef at all. what could be the problem? thanks
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:29 PM
OK, quick question, does this mod work for patches before 1.42 ~ 1.48? Say, 1.17?? :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine R.
OK, quick question, does this mod work for patches before 1.42 ~ 1.48? Say, 1.17?? :P


well, i guess not because it's too outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekwa1209
mine is patch 1.38. will it work? there's a chef service option when i click on the phone but when i request a service, there's no chef at all. what could be the problem? thanks


maybe it's because you need to patch your game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:26 PM
Thank you so much Loved it xoxoxoxo
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:11 PM
did you mean the serve leftovers configuration? I have it on yes, so how does he serve servings to sims who are already seated?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 1:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasveiga
no problems.


Nice. Thnx!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 2:51 AM
I'm not sure anyone has asked these questions yet, so here goes:

Does this cook prepare group meals or single meals?

Does the butler still only prepare single meals, or has that been fixed?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasveiga
do you have any outdated mod? have patch v1.42 - v.1.48? try in a new neighborhood just to test it.



yes, I have the 1.48 patch. I have several NRaas pkgs also. dont know if that is the problem. And I already tried it in a brand new game I started but still no option on the phone. Just the call for services where the butler is normally found. No chef service....
Page 2 of 10