Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

LotExpander for Free Time (Obsolete)

by Mootilda Posted 21st Aug 2007 at 1:43 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 10:09 PM by Nysha
 
284 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 275 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:26 AM
wow, Mootilda,

Thanks :dances for you:
Bravo... looking forwards to the problems solved...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:20 AM
It works fine with EP4, a great thank you mootilda

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:26 PM
Does anyone here know how I can get the original post changed to point to the newest version?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:59 PM
It is the job of a moderator... try to ask in the creatorfeedback/creators issues : http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492 it is the place where to post direct questions only you and moderators can see.
Niol asked for that in an other forum this morning (GMT)

Thank you again

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 5:22 PM
Thank you very much Mootilda!

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 4:41 AM
Thank you Moo. :*) You might look into creating your own thread with the updated program and link it back to this one. Just a suggestion.

On a separate note: My condolences to friends and family of Andi.

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 9:39 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that I fixed the crashing problem with Seasons and have updated my post with the new version:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...180#post1747180

There is one known problem, which has an easy workaround. Please let me know if you find any other bugs.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 5:37 AM
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:23 AM Last edited by NH1 : 30th Aug 2007 at 11:30 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
Just wanted everyone to know that I fixed the crashing problem with Seasons and have updated my post with the new version:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...180#post1747180

There is one known problem, which has an easy workaround. Please let me know if you find any other bugs.


Thanks for the update... Thanks to you I can finally use it again...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 7:22 AM
Thank you so much. I was getting the crashing issue. I look forward to this fixing it. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:13 PM
Does anyone here know how to convince the pictures that I submitted to appear in the correct order? I added them in order, but screenshot #8 always appears at the beginning. I don't see any option for specifying the order of the screenshots.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:25 PM
May use the image code [img] [/img] to integrate them into your tutorial...

Thanks for your nice works again...

R U ready for another go? I mean BV...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 10:57 PM
I've been taking a bit of a break (since Friday) and trying to port the Life Stories and Pet Stories neighborhoods to work in the Sims 2.

As soon as I get Bon Voyage, I'll take a look at it. I know that I should have been looking at the rounded pool problem, but I find modding surprisingly difficult (since there's so little information about the file formats), so I really needed a break.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 6:08 AM Last edited by niol : 6th Sep 2007 at 9:54 AM.
mmm, if you meant pix in order for upload.

My old way to deal with this is to upload a pic at a time, upload them a pic by a pic, which can be really frustrating.

I can find round-pool mesh (gmdc) in the 3D folder (by finding "pool" or poolShapeWall in simpe), material definitions in the related shaders... (by searching "round" in shader scripts) but the latter one I've found is related to the graphical treatment only.

I'm unsure if you're interested in material shaders, but there may be something helpful there:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...:ShaderLotskirt
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...k:ShaderTerrain
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 10:39 AM
Default Lot Expander
Dear,

Hi to all, first of all, let me congratulate the great work that's been done here in this thread... I've so ever also got a question that I've been reading more than enough on this site, however I'm also going to ask it. Is it possible with the nessersary adjustments to decrease lot size's with this tool, for example to add the possibility to add a minus sign "-" in front of the ajustments? because I'm not making sence how to decrease lot's manualy... hopefully this can be done... I hope I've making sence...

Beste Regards,

at Mike's

Welcome at Mike's
A whole new world for you...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 3:34 PM
yea I really want this, but not everyone is as computer spec as you, and I dont know what the hell im doing with installing it :/
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 6:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangellica
yea I really want this, but not everyone is as computer spec as you, and I dont know what the hell im doing with installing it :/


Just what the program says it will do, it expands your lot's who you selected of course... the program is very simple, if you follow the simpel steps than you also can enjoy this program... I know I do and I'm not an expert with pc's at all...

Welcome at Mike's
A whole new world for you...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th Sep 2007 at 6:55 PM.
at Mike's,

Yes, it should be relatively easy to add logic to the program to decrease the lot size, as well as increasing it. I have this on my To Do list. The primary problem is: what to do with any objects on the land which is being deleted? My intention is to ignore this problem and insist that the land be completely empty before it can be deleted. As long as you make a backup before running the LotExpander, this should be an acceptable solution.

Frangellica,

If I read your post correctly, you are having problems figuring out how to install and run the LotExpander.

To install the program, just create a folder on your disk using Windows Explorer (call it LotExpander, if you like) and download the first zip file (LotExpander124.zip) into that folder. Decompress the zip file into the same folder (instructions on how to do this depend upon what program you use to decompress... WinZip, WinRAR, Windows Explorer, 7-zip). The program is now installed. If you like, you can create a shortcut to LotExpander.exe and put it on your desktop or in your Start / Programs menu.

In general, people do not need to download the second file (LotExpander124Source.zip), since it just contains the C# source code that Andi8104 originally wrote and Sorcerer and I modified. Unless you are a C# programmer, this file is useless to you.

To run the program, backup your game files. Then, just open the folder in Windows Explorer and double click on LotExpander.exe. The program walks you through a couple of screens to determine which neighborhood, which lot, and how much to expand the lot; I believe that it's pretty self-explanatory. Then, follow my instructions to convince the game to regenerate all of the additional game information neeeded.

Please let me know if I misread your question, or if you continue to have problems.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 7:23 PM Last edited by at Mike's : 12th Sep 2007 at 7:29 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootilda
at Mike's,

Yes, it should be relatively easy to add logic to the program to decrease the lot size, as well as increasing it. I have this on my To Do list. The primary problem is: what to do with any objects on the land which is being deleted? My intention is to ignore this problem and insist that the land be completely empty before it can be deleted. As long as you make a backup before running the LotExpander, this should be an acceptable solution.


Mootilda
I think that that don't will be the problem of the builders, for example, I want to try to build a residential house on the exact middle of a 3x1 lot, than remove the left side by -1 and the right side by -1 so that the house is in the middle exact, this will give potential for citybuilders who don't want the 2tile edge on there lot, I don't know if this is posible, however it's a idea to try... It's that I've don't have the skills to do this myself, but if someone can make the tool for that, or add the possibility to this tool I've give them my full support...And for the wall's etc, that will be deleted in the process, that will be indeed an acceptable solution...

Regards,
at Mike's

Welcome at Mike's
A whole new world for you...
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:04 AM
Mike's there is an other pblem, what to do with more than 1tile objects, I tried with the old text only andi's cheat, sometimes it works, sometimes you win a nice crash depends on the objects your reduction cut.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patul
Mike's there is an other pblem, what to do with more than 1tile objects, I tried with the old text only andi's cheat, sometimes it works, sometimes you win a nice crash depends on the objects your reduction cut.


Dear Patul,

In the game it's always possible to put objects on the edge, when you've use the moveObjects on cheat, my intention is the house to be build on the edge of the lot, so that the effect is that there will be one big complex, or a big citycentre, with individual lots that appear in the neighboorhoodscreen as one... the decoration is the 2nd fase after buiding the lot... but first try to let fase one work...

Welcome at Mike's
A whole new world for you...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:01 AM
I understand what Mike is trying to do, and I think it would be a possible solution for the "walls can't be built on the lots border" problem. Removing one or two rows of completely empty tiles from the border might help, but I have some doubts:

1) When we say "3x1 lot", we actually mean a lot made of 30x10 tiles; removing a 2-tile border will make this lot 28x8 tiles: is it possible?
2) How would the game manage a 28x8 lot in neighborhood view? I hardly believe that the game will be capable of putting it exactly next to another 28x8 lot (so to create the illusion of a row of contiguous houses).
3) We can leave the border tiles "completely empty", so to ease the work of Mootilda's tool; but are these tiles really completely empty? For example, on the lot corners, near the road, there are the hidden "portals", that let sims walk in the lot, and let the cars enter the lot. Also, if we build a wall, the game reserves some place for placing floor tile on top of it, on both sides (this is the main reason why the 2-tile limit exists): I don't know how is actually made this "reservation" by the walls, but anyway, reducing the lot size must take care of them, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)


I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:54 AM
May use the lot expander to expand the lots so that they overlap one another to create the illusion they're connected.
May read what Inge had started to talk about her experiences in the following thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=239153
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numenor
I understand what Mike is trying to do, and I think it would be a possible solution for the "walls can't be built on the lots border" problem. Removing one or two rows of completely empty tiles from the border might help, but I have some doubts:

1) When we say "3x1 lot", we actually mean a lot made of 30x10 tiles; removing a 2-tile border will make this lot 28x8 tiles: is it possible?
2) How would the game manage a 28x8 lot in neighborhood view? I hardly believe that the game will be capable of putting it exactly next to another 28x8 lot (so to create the illusion of a row of contiguous houses).
3) We can leave the border tiles "completely empty", so to ease the work of Mootilda's tool; but are these tiles really completely empty? For example, on the lot corners, near the road, there are the hidden "portals", that let sims walk in the lot, and let the cars enter the lot. Also, if we build a wall, the game reserves some place for placing floor tile on top of it, on both sides (this is the main reason why the 2-tile limit exists): I don't know how is actually made this "reservation" by the walls, but anyway, reducing the lot size must take care of them, too.


Dear Numenor,

That wasn't what I've ment to explain, I've attached a image to explain what I've mean. The intention that I have is to delete an entire collum -1 = 10 tiles, this on both sides of the house, who is standing in the exact middle of the lot, and is 10 x 10 tiles big. I don't want to make it more dificult than it's already is. because when there will be a exact tile remover than most people will get into trouble making a nice neighboorhood for there sims... Hope that this make's any sence...
Screenshots

Welcome at Mike's
A whole new world for you...
Page 1 of 12