Testers Wanted: Color Binning Tool 0.2.30.1
The color binning tool is a custom plugin for 0.63+
Its purpose is to change custom hair packages so that custom hair recolors appear in the standard color bins.
It was designed to be easy to use: on each standard color tab, you can load a hair package file; after you load the four packages into their respective bins, you can save the result.
There is no need to edit any PropertySet, as the binning logic is already done for you.
More information and some tutorials can be found in the plugin's website: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tools/c...nning-tool.html
- Extract the file theos.gbct.plugin.dll
- Copy it into SimPE's Plugins folder, which in a default installation is at C:\Program Files\SimPE\Plugins
- Run and verify that you have a menu item named "Color Binning Tool" under SimPE's Tools menu.
After the plugin is installed, start SimPE.
On the Tools menu, click on the "Color Binning Tool" item, and the plugin's main window should appear. Initially, the "Black" color tab is selected by default.
Use the "Package" menu or the context menu to load a package file into the selected tab. Repeat this process for the other tabs (Brown, Blond and Red).
You can select which age groups you wish to keep or remove on each color tab. You must pay special attention to the fact that a properly binned hair should have only one elder (grey) recolor, so you must choose carefully one elder recolor out of the four available.
On most cases you can ignore the Grey and Custom tabs, so you may proceed to review the package options (available in the menu Package->Options), and finally save the resulting package files.
I would like to thank to everyone that contributed to this project, and in particular to Motoki, for giving the momentum that started this project; Pinhead, whose invaluable knowledge put the code right on track again; and of course all the folks at MATY that were willing to test the plugin on its early stages.
Operating System: |
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
CC Editors: Tools for modifying .package files, sims*pack files, and resources contained within those files.
SimPE: Plugins for SimPE
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Size: 39.9 KB · Downloads: 12,690 · 27th Dec 2007
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9