HoodReplace 2.3: Replace Neighborhood Terrain (Updated Jan 24, 2010)
HoodReplace Version 2.3:
The HoodReplace program will copy any selection of: terrain, roads, bridges, trees and decorations from one Sims 2 neighborhood to another, completely replacing the selected elements from the existing neighborhood.
There is an option to fix the elevation of various elements. Structures, such as lots, will be moved up or down to touch the new terrain. This should reduce problems such as lots flying in the air or disappearing underground. At this time, the elevation of bridges cannot be adjusted.
There is also an option to remove an entire type of structures, such as all trees or all decorations.
Because this program allows you to select which elements to copy, rather than having to copy everything, you can do things which used to be very difficult. For example: you can now add roads to a neighborhood without losing your existing neighborhood trees and decorations.
Version 2.3 adds the option to fix the elevation of roads.
To install, just download HoodReplace.zip and unzip it. Run the EXE from the unzipped location.
This is "alpha" software and is still in development; it is not guaranteed to work and may corrupt your neighborhoods. Be sure to backup your game before using this tool.
I have included the source code for version 2.2 in HoodReplaceSource.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
I left the previous version (PreviousHoodReplace.zip) available, in case there are any unforseen problems. There is no need to download this file.
- The program uses some DLLs from SimPE; they are included in the file.
- HoodReplace is released under the GNU General Public License.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run HoodReplace:
- Make sure that you are not running other programs which access your save game, such as the game itself, BodyShop, SimPE, or any other program which modifies the save game.
- Backup your game files.
- Run HoodReplace.EXE and select the "from" and "to" neighborhoods. If your neighborhood is not in the standard location, use the Browse button to select the neighborhood.
- Choose all of the neighborhood elements which you want to replace.
- Choose whether to fix the elevation of each type of element.
- Choose whether to remove all elements of a specific type.
- Click on the Copy button.
Adding Roads to an Existing Neighborhood:
1) HoodReplace has been tested with all EPs and SPs up to and including Mansion and Garden Stuff. It may not work with later EPs and SPs.
2) Even when HoodReplace fixes the elevation, there is a possibility that an element will be partially underground or in the air.
You should be able to resolve many of these issues by moving the objects by hand in the neighborhood view. If problems continue, try repeatedly running HoodReplace and then moving the lots and objects in the neighborhood to adjust their elevation. Each iteration should bring you closer to your desired result.
- The Pleasantview SC4 file which shipped with the game doesn't actually match the Pleasantview neighborhood terrain. If you want to add roads to Pleasantview, you can download Melly_Sim's fixed Pleasantview SC4 file, attached here.
- This program is an enhancement of my tutorial:
Changing the Terrain for an Existing Neighborhood
Adding Roads to an Existing Neighborhood
Operating System: |
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
Save Editors: Tools for modifying savegames, lots, neighbourhood packages etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
| Previous version V2.2 - do not download
Size: 663.7 KB · Downloads: 777 · 19th Feb 2009
| C# source code V2.2 - for programmers only
Size: 40.1 KB · Downloads: 892 · 19th Feb 2009
| Current version of HoodReplace V2.3
Size: 663.6 KB · Downloads: 11,679 · 19th Feb 2009
| SC4 file which matches the original Pleasantview terrain
Size: 752.5 KB · Downloads: 3,311 · 28th Apr 2008
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8